This role is a key technical support function underpinning the independent Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) assurance work undertaken by DNV Energy Systems in the UK. The role combines Auditor and Technical Support activities and the role sits within the UK Safety Risk business, SHE Services Team.
The Graduate SHE Auditor / Consultant position is ideal for someone looking to develop a career in SHE assurance. The role will support the range of SHE assurance work undertaken in the UK, principally for a large-scale land regeneration and property management client. It also involves a significant proportion of site based audit work helping our clients ensure their supply chain contractors maintain SHE compliance and drive continuous performance improvement.
Working within a team that includes Chartered Safety and Environmental specialists, the selected candidate will have the chance to work alongside and learn from industry leading professionals whilst advancing their knowledge across a broad range of SHE disciplines.
The role also includes elements of incident investigation and analysis following SHE accidents/incidents, ensuring lessons learnt are effectively communicated to prevent reoccurrence.
The role will be based in our Loughborough office, but there will also be a requirement to travel extensively in the UK and occasionally overseas for the client-related audit work.
Full training will be provided as will a mentor to ensure the Graduate SHE Auditor / Consultant develops to their full potential and achieves Lead Auditor status.
Carrying out Auditor activities, including:
- Conducting all aspects of SHE audits including planning, execution and report writing
- Being able to recognise any SHE weaknesses onsite and identify suitable actions
- Undertaking SHE incident investigations and report writing
- Using all relevant audit databases and software applications for audit activities
- Maintaining and developing own technical competencies and skills for audit activities
- Presenting key trends and significant findings at client meetings
Carrying out Technical Support activities based in our Loughborough office, including:
- Producing supply chain SHE performance feedback bulletins and contributing to SHE Newsletters
- Managing supply chain SHE KPI Dashboard
- Supporting delivery of bespoke solutions to client SHE related issues
- Managing internal and external communications on technical matters
- Actively seeking to improve delivery processes through innovation
- Effective Technical Support fulfilling DNV Energy Systems UK performance objectives
- Audit support for UK clients including identification of areas for improvement and best practices
- Quality audit and incident investigation reports
- Trusted SHE advisor to clients
- Actively contributes during Quarterly SHE team meetings to share learning with colleagues
The Project Controller is part of the regional Project Controlling team and reports to the regional Head of Project Controlling. The role requires the individual to work with Project Managers to minimize commercial risks on projects and maximize revenue and cash flow.
The person in this role is responsible for project financials, including low value contract review, quality assurance of project accounting, expenditure coding, revenue recognition and WIP. The Project Controller will work closely with the Collections Manager, PM and AR SPOC in relation to project level AR. The person in this role contributes to a culture of being accountable and taking responsibility.
As a Project Controller you will:
- Monitor, report and advise on project financials status
- Pro-actively initiate timely & accurate invoicing according to customer contract and in line with the agreed global procedures
- Act as business partner for Project and Line Managers by leading regular financial reviews of projects and portfolio of projects
- Ensure revenue is recognized on projects in line with DMS principles (such as POC and time and material principles) and project accounting principles (matching & accruals principles as well as correct revenue recognition with accurate profit margin recognition through life of project)
- Analyze and challenge input from Project Manager and Line Management where necessary. Including pro-active follow up with PMs on needs for change orders on projects
- Conduct monthly review meetings with all PMs to support their management of the project.
- Perform initial review of expenditure detail, initiate and document PM review, direct Project Manager to revise
- Manage or assist with project financial records. Pro-actively monitor projects for completion and close in a timely manner
- Monitor WIP to ensure future collectability and pro-actively take actions to minimize
- Analyse of projects for high-risk items and informing business controllers where necessary
- Carry out timely reviews of opportunities and bids in line with chart of authority limits
- Follow up on key operational processes in business such as missing timecards, Basware invoice processing etc.
- Support PMs and staff with basic financial queries and increasing awareness of commercial topics on projects
- Maintain records of work performed on projects to allow for follow up by Business Controllers or GSS.
- Ensure all relevant documents are quality assured and stored in compliance with company guidelines to include Chart Of Authority, to ensure that the financial information is reliable.
Perform financial check of projects during closing phase to balance revenue with invoiced values and check for any write offs or windfalls
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our DNV Business Assurance team in Spain as Sales & Training Manager. The aim of the role is to be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales activities for Country Customer segments (Key, Enterprise and Commercial) and for coordinating the Country Sales team through proactive actions, supporting back-stage actions done by Digital Sales structure.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Ensure the achievement of sales target for the Country
- Secure the implementation of actions for the improvement of Market penetration and effectiveness of results
- Establish guidelines, strategy, ADPs and specific targets, according to the annual local Customer plan, including new potential customers, defining goal & targets
- Stimulate sales awareness by distribution of information, answering questions, inviting for participation in customer visits and presenting sales and marketing topics at internal meetings
- Coach, supervise, monitor and follow up the people in line to improve their empowerment, satisfaction and professional growth
- Support the Area Manager for the definition of forecast, Tactical Plan, KPIs and Target
- Be proactive in Innovative Approaches toward New services and Existing Services, with a strong collaboration with all Functions inside DNV and with external Partners
- Engage People on the use of digital tools and engage people in innovative approach in Sales.
We are looking to hire a Lawyer to join Group Legal as Legal Counsel.
Group Legal is part of the DNV group function, which provides support on legal, tax, compliance, finance, communication, and human resources issues.
Group Legal is responsible for providing legal advice to all business areas on a global basis and consist of 25 lawyers and support staff in a distributed team located at Høvik, in Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Hamburg, London and Houston. The Group Legal function is headed by the Group Legal Director at Group headquarters at Høvik and reports to the Group CFO.
We are currently looking for candidate to join the Legal team dedicated to Energy industry in Hamburg, Germany.
This team leads the support to our Energy Systems business area which provides certification and verification services, marine services as well as inspection, testing and advisory services to both the renewable and Oil & Gas- energy markets. Working in this team you will negotiate contracts in many jurisdictions, with both small and medium sized enterprises as well as major international players. In addition, we support business development as well as claim and litigation support and general legal advisory on a number of issues.
You will provide legal support on a wide range basis and work in direct contact with managers and employees, in relation to areas such as:
- Contractual matters, including negotiations
- Collaboration agreements
- Software contracts
- Tender processes
- Claims handling
In addition you will provide general legal support and advisory to the Energy Systems business area on other topics like Corporate law, M&A, Procurement and Insurance.
DNV is running different cloud-based HR Applications on a global scale to manage and support the HR processes in the DNV group. Oracle HCM Cloud (Partner) and SeerTech iLearning Plus (MyLearning) being the two largest utilized platforms in DNV supporting most of the global HR processes. Both systems have been implemented in larger HR IT projects during the years 2016-2018 up to its current scope. Further implementation and improvement projects are in planning.
Within DNV ’s GSS organization the Global Shared Service IT (GSS IT) unit provides a full-stack managed IT operation around all means of IT services required in a global company. Within the area of GSS IT Core Applications which is responsible for Finance, HR and BI applications, the unit HR Application Competence Center is responsible to manage, run and support all global HR applications used in the group.
We are seeking a Team Lead HR Application Management
for our HR Application Management team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The team lead HR Application Management will have line responsibility for a team of 7-8 employees plus external contractors. The role will be based in Poland (Gdynia) where the largest footprint of the competence center will be based and will report into the Head of HR Applications Competence Center in GSS IT.
The focus for this role will be the overall responsibility of all HR applications in GSS IT:
- To manage the HR Applications Management team in supporting and enhancing the HR application landscape
- To manage or participate in HR IT projects related to HR processes and technology ensuring alignment and co-operation with the HR community and the DNV overall system landscape, the VerIT Enterprise.
- To support the HR application roadmap for DNV ogether with the Head of HR applications Competence Center and senior stakeholders from the different HR organisations within the DNV group.
Your key tasks and deliveries will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of internal and external IT resources in the HR Application Management unit
- Functional and technical responsibility for the global HR applications portfolio in DNV containing applications such as Oracle HCM Cloud, Oracle Cloud PaaS Services, iCims Talent Acquisition, VidCruiter Video Recruiting
- Manage and coordinate the team’s tasks within the application management framework like 2nd line incident and problem management, 3rd line IT supplier support and coordination, system configuration and setup, development
- Deliver stable and well performing HR IT SLA services on applications & services to minimize business disruption
- Manage and implement new requirements based on an agreed demand/supply process from solution design, effort estimate and solution delivery
- Ensure alignment of deliveries and services within the GSS IT HR Application Services environment in close co-operation with other relevant units in GSS IT
- Manage outbound and inbound interfaces on the above-mentioned applications
Provide consulting services with the team to the HR Business in terms of enhancements / future developments
- Manage smaller and mid-sized projects running in the HR domain on the relevant applications mainly within the Oracle HCM Cloud environment or other existing HR applications technologies
- Ensure that the HR applications are running in compliance with our GSS IT security baseline, data protection rules (GDPR), data security and the company’s co-determination regulations.
DNV has a wide experience in consulting in the Brazilian solar industry, providing since 2012, a diverse range of services, including prospection of new areas, measurement campaign monitoring, energy production assessments for ANEEL auctions and financing, assessment of solar farm operation and due diligences.
DNV GL is seeking a highly motivated engineer, wiling to learn and to start her/his professional development in the solar industry.
The position would be full-time or part-time position (depending on student situation) reporting to the Solar Team Leader of Latin-America, located in the Porto Alegre.
The Engineer will support the Solar Team on daily work for Clients as well as tasks related to unit internal organization. Additionally, the Engineer will join an international group of civil engineers, working together not only on advising customers but also developing services and creating knowledge for the DNV.
The engineer will learn and be exposed to:
- Technology and civil design for solar projects
- Solar market information
- Financing processes for solar projects
- Participation in regular staff meetings
- Direct Project work. As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Engineer will support in technical advisory tasks mainly related to civil and structural design review and site assessment; and
- Unit internal organization. As part of the support to be provided to the Solar Team, the Engineer will be involved in tasks related to internal procedures development, internal knowledge management and market intelligence.
Global Shared Services division is searching for an Intern to Payroll and benefits team, to perform the main tasks as below:
• Support in benefits routines (food and meal tickets, life insurance, etc.) and payroll (hiring, vacation, terminations);
• Support to provide labor documents according to clients requests;
• Support to provide documents for internal/external inspections and audits;
• Excel controls;
• Referrals for labor exams (return to work and dismissal exams);
• Digital files;
• Data qualification on e-social portal;
The energy landscape is in transition towards a greener future. But how fast this transition will happen and what it means is a source of uncertainty for many actors in the energy arena.
We understand the market challenges driving our customers: increased electrification, renewable integration, digital transformation, decentralization and managing aging assets. As an independent and trustworthy partner, we support our customers in decision making and managing risks dealing with the Energy Transition in their specific situation.
Do you want to join us and help to support the Energy Transition? We are looking for a Technical Consultant with a background in Electrical Engineering, Electric Power Engineering, Power Systems or similar.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Technical Consultant, you will contribute to the success of our team by applying your power engineering knowledge to solve the customer’s problem in the most effective way. You will also help identify market opportunities, develop our existing services and establish new services.
You will be working in projects of different sizes, for local as well as international customers. The tools used range from classic calculations to state-of-the-art power system simulation software and instruments for on-site measurements. You are expected to present your results in clear, high-quality reports and contribute to writing commercial proposals.
Unlike other providers of similar services, we perform most of our project work in-house. Embedded in our highly competent team, you will develop your knowledge on today’s and future electric grids and develop new tools and models for power systems analysis.
Finally, you will be given the opportunity and guidance to grow to a more senior consulting roles where you execute, lead and sell projects.
Our projects typically include:
- Studies and investigations, e.g. related to:
- power system design and analysis,
- control and stability of power grids
- modeling and simulation of equipment in power grids
- integration of (renewable) generation and/or loads
- power quality
- protection and fault clearance
- power electronics modeling, simulation and control
- Measurements, modelling and validation
- Grid Code Compliance verification
- Failure investigations
- Project Management
Supply Chain Audits in DNV consist of assurance services (certification excluded) based on recognized standards (e.g. SEDEX – SMETA and SVA, RBA, ABVTEX, SLCP, IFS GM) or customized protocols (e.g. Code of Conduct and Own Policies) aimed at assessing the compliance of a supplier’s base to defined requirements on quality, food safety and social responsibility (covering any or all: labour rights, human rights, occupational health and safety, environment and ethics based on local laws and international standards), .
These services might include the definition of client-specific requirements and criteria for supplier qualification, evaluation, and monitoring; second party activities; training programs for suppliers and IT tool development to manage audits.
We’re recruiting for an energetic, driven and growth oriented Sustainability Sales executive with proven consultative selling experience in the Sustainability sector to support our expansion in Responsible Supply chains adjacent segments including Textile, Finance, Healthcare, Metal, among others. This role will have to understand client’s needs and pain points to successfully sell our complete suite of services including supply chain, compliance & Assurance services, helping in most cases to design customized solutions in close collaboration with the delivery and technical team.
This is an exciting opportunity to take an active role to achieve growth as a business developer, while leading the design and delivery of projects, ensure service excellence for clients and develop long pasting partnerships with some of the most iconic global brands helping them to achieve business success and mitigate risks in their businesses and their extended supply chains.
In this role, you will get the opportunity to engage and get supported by a wide network of experienced Sustainability leaders around the world and be part of an aggressive expansion plan in the Responsible Supply Chain sector starting from a solid base, but with countless opportunities to shape the business in a quasi-start up setting that will provide a launching path for your career as a sales leader.
Supply Chain Audits in DNV consist of assurance services (certification excluded) based on recognized standards (e.g. SEDEX – SMETA and SVA, RBA, ABVTEX, SLCP, IFS GM) or customized protocols (e.g. Code of Conduct and Own Policies) aimed at assessing the compliance of organizations' suppliers base to defined requirements on social responsibility (covering any or all: labour rights, human rights, occupational health and safety, environment and ethics based on local laws and international standards), quality and/or food safety.
These services might include the definition of client-specific requirements and criteria for supplier qualification, evaluation, and monitoring; second party activities; training programs for suppliers and IT tool development to manage suppliers’ evaluation and monitoring.
We are now looking for an Operations Analyst for Supply Chain Audits to support contracts in the Central and South America Region.
Working with us, you are going to have the opportunity to interact with a huge number of excellent professionals spread not only in Brazil, but also around the world. Here in DNV we really make the difference.
Specific KPIs related to the tasks and responsibilities of the Supply Chain Services Analyst will be customer satisfaction. The performance versus KPIs will be followed up by the LATAM Operations Coordinator based in São Paulo office. The Coordinator will perform an annual evaluation of the Analyst.
DNV Global Centre Finance Gdynia, delivers high quality services to European countries, related to Record to Report process, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Services are rendered in close collaboration with Regional Centres, together developing the Global Shared Service Finance function for DNV.
We are seeking VAT Analyst for our GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
To succeed in this role, you should be an enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude towards work and a respectful team player with the ability to foster positive relationships at all levels of the organization. You will be responsible for VAT reporting and compliance. So, you have to be attentive to detail, aware of deadlines and work well under pressure.
When employed, you will be a part of GSS Finance in Gdynia, reporting to EU VAT Manager and working closely with Finance and IT, when making sure that all VAT compliance fillings are submitted in a timely manner.
In your role you will:
Prepare VAT returns and related VAT compliance fillings (incl. EC Sales List, electronic reporting (SAF-T) and E- invoicing) for DNV in Europe
Extract and reconcile relevant data from financial reporting systems, liaising with tax and finance teams and other business partners
Analyze data to ensure VAT returns are filed in a compliant manner
Ensure timely VAT filings
Assist in VAT reporting automation projects
Provide input and assistance to EU VAT Manager on VAT legislation and requirements
Ensure VAT compliance processes are up to date in accordance with country regulations
Arrange and monitor VAT payments and carry out VAT clearing postings
Cooperate with other functions and provide support by answering VAT related questions
The mission of the Marketing, Communication and Public Affair team is to support the Business Area Energy Systems in achieving its strategic goals by developing and implementing integrated communications strategies and tactics.
By implementing these strategies and tactics the team aims to build a solid reputation and brand amongst customers and key stakeholders in the energy market and create opportunities to increase revenue for the business.
The integrated communications strategies and tactics include external communications and stakeholder management, digital marketing, PR and media relations, marketing communications and events management.
The Marketing, Communication and Public Affair team has a global expertise center to support the business in the different regions: APAC, Eurpe, Iberia & LATAM, IMEA and North America.
Your main tasks will be:
- Leads and creates all the content and marketing materials, together with experts and consultants
- Provides recurrent reports about media and content materials
- Creates and executes emailing campaign, together with the digital team
- Develops and executes an event program to support the business
- Pro-actively builds relationships with local media, initiates and writes press releases (with the support of global media and PR manager) and drives media campaigns
- Leads social media activity to create higher brand awareness, thought leadership, improved relations and lead generation
- Acts as professional communications advisor to the business, reaching out pro-actively to business managers, subject matter experts and consultants
- To report into MarCom Director
- To support the global Business Unit GPM&S on an ad-hoc basis.
the section is responsible for the certification /verification and technical advisory on offshore development as per both DNV and local adm scheme.
the role for this position is to carry out design review and site surveillance on facilities manufacture.
With passion and enthusiasm, we are there for our customers day after day. We love challenges, act quickly and are always friendly and respectful.
As part of our back office support team, you will look after our existing customers. This includes active support and the identification of new customer needs.
As an employee in customer service, you will become a member of a competent, motivated, and dynamic team that has exciting areas of work in store for you. Innovative ideas are also always welcome and allow us to grow together as a team.
For the best possible match, check out our summary below.
Global Shared Services IT is the DNV IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units and end-users worldwide. GSS IT with nearly 400 employees worldwide is the internal service provider for IT support globally in DNV and has a key role in system evaluation, development, and integration.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer and Teamlead
for our IT Infrastructure Windows team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The Windows Team is responsible for the delivery of Winodws based services within our hybrid setup (on premise, Cloud Services and Office365).
The Senior Engineer and Teamlead will be responsible for Team coordination and
in your role you will:
- Be the Team Lead for the colleagues the Gdynia / Poland based Windows backend team (4 people)
- Hands on Delivery of excellent IT services and projects in the content scope of the team
- Work closely with other virtual teams in GSS IT in order to deliver and improve the operational IT Services in the Windows Backend scope – but also other IT Infrastructure Services
- Actively Participate in development activities and projects in the Cloud Infrastructure scope
- Be an Advisor and Consultant for the DNV Business and IT Colleagues regarding their requirements and solutions in the hybrid setup
We’re looking for two Senior Consultants High Voltage in the role of HVDC Team Lead who will help our customers world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution infrastructure.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology (TDT) team. The position is available in Arnhem (The Netherlands).
The TDT team exists out of over 50 professionals and continuously growing. The team is a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level with different backgrounds and from various cultures. You will be part of and leading the High Voltage cluster within the TDT team.
Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
You will be involved in national and international projects where you will also collaborate in and with other teams within DNV. Like working jointly on substation projects, asset management or renewable energy.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will transform deep technical knowledge, curiosity and hands-on high voltage equipment experience, into clear customer solutions and/or solid business opportunities
- You turn customer’s needs into concrete consultancy projects, as well execute these in the field, lab and/ or in the office
- You will give advice to our customers related to their high voltage electricity transmission & distribution equipment and systems (e.g. substations, overhead lines and cables, EMC, HVDC systems)
- You will also perform the electrical functional design of HVAC/HVDC components and substation
Next to that, you will:
- Lead business development and know how to get the orders in
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
- Carry out failure investigations, both in the field as well as in the office
- Prepare specifications and tender documentation
- Execute or witness tests such as type, factory - or site acceptance tests (FAT/ SAT)
- Monitor and anticipate on market developments and decide on market approach
- Develop our service portfolio/roadmap and the annual plan
- Be a mentor to support and develop the (technical) career path of other team members
- Co-lead the TDT team
Do you want to work for a world leader in the energy transition?
We are looking for an engineer to join DNV’s Energy Systems team in Perth. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated candidates early in their career to work on DNV’s exciting portfolio of projects within the energy sector. The ideal candidate has strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, with experience in either the maritime or upstream energy industries.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team of engineers and consultants in the Perth CBD and working on some of the largest developments in Australia across DNV’s portfolio of assurance and advisory services. No two days will be the same, and there will be opportunity to consult, assess and provide engineering solutions on a range of assets, in the office and on site and with leading experts in their fields all around the world!
Among other responsibilities, you will take a key role in:
- Supporting and learning from DNV’s experienced team in Australia in delivering projects involving assurance, risk management and consulting for our clients.
- Working directly with our clients and contractors to facilitate engineering design reviews for structures, pipelines, facilities and marine operations.
- Attending at fabrication sites to survey structures and equipment being manufactured and tested.
- Qualification of new and novel technologies being adopted by clients across the energy sector.
- Taking the reigns of projects and working with colleagues all over the world to meet client expectations.
Our major hazard research, testing and training facility in Spadeadam is looking for curious, pro-active, communicative employees to join our Laboratories and Testing unit for a 12-month contract as a Training Coordinator – Administrative Support.
- Co-ordinate the training requirements across the unit.
- Engage with training providers, schedule training courses and manage a training portfolio.
- Support the promotion of apprenticeship opportunities and monitor apprentice development in conjunction with their course tutors.
- Handle employee and supplier information, using DNV systems such as Oracle Finance, and perform administrative tasks including the financial processing of requisitions, purchase orders and supplier invoices.
- General office duties, including report generation, responding to enquires and client interaction.
Do you want to accelerate the energy transition and accelerate the decarbonization of our economy?
Are you interested in enabling customers success as they measure and analyze the anticipated energy yield from their projects?
DNV is seeking a Technical Sales Lead to join our market leading measurement and renewable energy team and ensure that renewable energy projects perform as anticipated. Working alongside other leaders and with a high performing team, you will enable our customers’ success in wind/solar/storage energy assessments, power curve tests, deployment of measurements. As we are on the edge of the energy transition, you will be able to understand our customers largest problems and work to solve them with access to the deepest team of expert knowledge.
The Technical Sales Lead will be responsible for growing key services and will have a strong market and customer focus. They manage customer relations, customer feedback and help the Energy Analytics & Measurements team develop and execute on the strategy for new services.
This position may be based in our Toronto, CA or Montreal,CA offices
What You’ll Do
- Contribute towards the development of the key service and be responsible for developing campaigns for your key services and service portfolio which generates increased sales
- For strategic growth areas, continuously refine market approach
- Identify, drive and facilitate sales and market opportunities, by actively managing sales pipeline growth and increasing order intake for defined services
- Influence project pricing, resourcing and bid quality reviews
- Monitor and manage the sales funnel from sales qualified leads to won opportunities
- Seek key customer insights, market insights and services of competitors and maintain an overview of major market trends
- Foster relevant internal and external network; identify, build and strengthen customer relationship,
- Develop and manage a strategy to optimize the customer experience and DNV business with customers for cross- and up-selling activities
- Act as a conduit for key projects, monitor delivery of projects/services to ensure high-quality and consistency, participate in cross-technology opportunities.
- Acts as project sponsor for key projects, monitor delivery of projects/services to ensure high quality and consistency
- Assist in preparing and coordinating proposals and bids in consultation with the customer to ensure needs are being addressed
- Critically review and determine pricing decision and scopes of work
- On occasion, assist in preparing and delivering technical reports and presentations and discuss methodologies and results with Customers
- Lead multiple client interactions, including scoping, status reporting, and discussion and review of project timelines and deliverables
Global Shared Services (GSS) is now looking for an Accountant Intern to join our team in Rio de Janeiro.
The main tasks are:
- Booking regular costs and expenses (local ERP System - Agresso)
- Daily handling of invoices, updating local system (Basware)
- Contact with suppliers, employees and internal clients
- Accounting reconciliations
- Support to account payables / receivables
- Other relevant tasks