Our world is undergoing an energy transition. There is an immediate need for the incorporation of more renewable energy resources into the electric grid and better utilization of existing ones. Energy storage is a key enabling technology of this transition. At DNV we are committed to supporting a fast-evolving energy storage industry with the best data, advice, and expertise on the planet. We strive to fulfill our Vision of being a trusted voice to tackle global transformations, and we welcome you to be a part of it.
DNV’s Storage and Grid Edge Intelligence (SAGE Intel) team is seeking a Market Consultant to be focused on energy storage and hybrid (renewable plus storage) resource merchant market service offerings. The consultant will leverage their familiarity with and ongoing learnings related to merchant market services. Our customers are private equity investors, banks, Independent Power Producers (IPPs), project developers and electric utilities. The Consultant will work across utility scale, commercial and industrial (C&I) and residential markets for energy storage systems, hybrid systems, microgrids and distributed energy resources.
The Consultant will participate in various service offerings such as resource valuation, project cashflow studies, and overall project feasibility studies. This position will include responsibility for project support, inter-disciplinary business support, and business development support. This position will also bring direct interactions with key industry stakeholders working on integrating energy storage and renewable generation towards development of the future electric grid.
Ideally, this position will be based out of our Chalfont, PA, Oakland, CA or, Portland, OR offices; however, other office locations or work from home will also be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for area(s) related to energy storage and hybrid plant merchant market participation
- Maintain an up-to-date catalog of merchant market services and regulations for all independent system operator (ISO) markets
- Actively participate in (in-person/remote) industry stakeholder meetings and stay up to date with assigned market changes
- Assist in incorporating and updating market rules within DNV’s modeling tools
- Manage projects and/or project tasks and execute deliverables
- Model energy systems using DNV developed, self-built or Off The Shelf (OTS) software tools
- Manage daily interaction with customers in person or via phone or video
- Understand customer needs or gaps and offer technical solutions to cover those needs
- Analyze and interpret technical data and documents
- Summarize key results, communicate and report these results in verbal and written form
- Support the development of new business and projects
- Aid in the development of presentation materials for conferences and workshops
- Support the development of new proposals
- Provide input on strategic planning and marketing decisions
- Deliver high-quality deliverables on time and on budget
Maritime Communications supports Maritime at DNV, the world's leading classification society, in driving the industry transition towards a digital, efficient and eco-friendly future; through broadening our reputation as a thought leader and accelerating revenue generation. The team comprises over 20 committed and high-performing international communications and marketing experts in 7 countries responsible for strategy and leadership communications, marketing communications, branding, digital communications, media relations & PR, social media as well as employee communications.
The Digital Communications & Sales Enablement team takes ownership of all DNV Maritime’s digital communication channels and leads the planning, alignment, implementation and execution of digital communication campaigns. In addition, the team has a clear objective to aim their communication efforts at valuable digital lead generation. To achieve this, the team defines and optimizes the end-to-end lead process in close cooperation with our global sales and business development organization.
We are looking for an ambitious, digitally savvy and daring intern to join us in lifting our global digital communication activities to the next level. The position will be based in Singapore with a strong focus to support on strategic ambitions in the Asian markets, social media, online customer journey and will report to the Global Digital Communications Manager.
Do you see yourself as a technical expert in equipment for explosive atmosphere? Join our team today!
Equipment placed in explosive atmosphere, such as in hydrogen generation units, oil & gas platforms, refineries, mines, sawmills, etc., often requires certification for protection against ignition and explosion. DNV Product Assurance AS is a certification body of such equipment, with personnel working out of Høvik and Stavanger offices, and with own accredited test lab located at Høvik, Norway.
We are seeking a skillful, curious and agile engineer/auditor in our Ex-team. You will be part of a competent team who are responsible for assessing and testing equipment and components against ATEX, IECEx, UKEx, INMETRO, international standards (EN, IEC, etc.), etc.; the deliverables from us are “ticket to trade” for our customers. This position gives an opportunity to work with and learn about various products and systems used in the explosive atmosphere. You will also interact with customers both external and internal, and actively participate in the section's effort towards efficiency and digitalization.
- Auditing of Ex equipment production at manufacturer and supplier per ATEX, UKEx, etc.
- Witnessing tests and product assessment at Ex equipment manufacturer or workshop
- Type examination of Ex equipment
- Document review for compliance with requirements
- Guide and offer technical clarifications to customers and DNV local offices
- Contribute to maintaining, improving and streamlining our work process and section goals
- High customer focus
Do you have a passion for finding and communicating stories that connect and excite colleagues, and great knowledge of how internal channels can be best used to drive engagement?
We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join our Corporate Communications team.
The team is part of a 30-people strong global Communications and Marketing community at DNV Maritime, that aims to support the organization in building on the high levels of industry trust it has cultivated throughout its 158-year history – a trust status that has propelled it to be the world’s leading classification society.
Corporate Communications is a fast-paced unit driving strategic communications internally and externally. The team supports a range of activities, including innovating and developing employee engagement campaigns, maintaining the internal news feed, managing the Maritime intranet and Yammer channels, and thus creating a line of sight between high-level strategic ambitions and the employees’ individual actions and goals. In addition, the team manages all media relations, crisis communications and thought leadership content production across different channels.
No day is the same and team members are experts at juggling manifold deliverables to tight deadlines while maintaining a high-quality output geared towards defined outcomes.
This role will either be based in DNV’s Hamburg or Oslo office. The successful applicant will work hand-in-glove with colleagues in the Corporate Communications team and a global community of communications experts in the Maritime regions, reporting into the Head of Corporate Communications.
- Drive and actively shapes the strategic and operational internal communications for DNV Maritime
- Develop the annual internal communications plan for DNV Maritime in alignment with the wider communications team and key business stakeholders
- Ensure a consistent global internal communication approach as well as KPI setting & evaluation/reporting for internal communication activities
- Create and implement compelling global internal communications campaigns
- Drive creative storytelling and text editing for all internal channels and platforms (intranet, yammer etc.)
- Develop persuasive content (presentations, print materials, videos, imagery, podcasts etc.) for internal projects and campaigns
- Pro-actively build relationships with key stakeholders in the Regions and with our technical experts
- Act as professional advisor to the business, reaching out pro-actively to business managers, experts and consultants
- Manage external agencies and service providers for various communications services
- Organize and execute internal events
The unit is responsible for certification service in China, who is licensed by COOOSO as the adm. for china offshore O&G development. With the booming deepwater development, more and more researchers invest in SURF equipments researching, which needs to be qualified and certified. As this is not mature technology for the manufacturing, we need to have technology qualification mindset to support customer identify and manage the technical /safety risk.
The Training & Competence Specialist has full responsibility and accountability to ensure a seamless and efficient training and competence process for all Medical resources, globally.
The successful candidate will put together a seamless training process to ensure new recruits are qualified in a timely and efficient manner, whilst also ensuring all employees in the medical hub maintain existing codes across areas such as ISO 13485, MDD 93/42/EEC, MDR 745/2017, MDSAP, IVDR and Clinical standards.
Another key part of the role is the authorization / approval of all medical employees for their roles and codes within given timelines and releasing these employees into the regions for medical projects.
The role reports into the Head of Sales and Operations, is full time and not location specific, though Europe would be a preference.
Technical Advisory, a part of Maritime Advisory in DNV, is looking for a group of students to join us during the summer of 2023. We will offer exciting, interesting and challenging tasks closely linked to projects delivered from our three sections in Høvik:
- Noise and Vibrations
- Hydrodynamics and Stability
We can offer a inclusive and supporting work culture, where personal development is in focus. Our experts deliver a vast range of different services, and we need support during summer.
We are also considering to make a joint task for the group of students, for instance to help us innovate within digitalisation and decarbonisation.
DNV United Arab Emirates is looking for a Government Relations Officer to be based in our regional office in Dubai. In this role, you will work closely with the Government relations team to ensure timely renewal of visas and work permits, trade license renewals and all other required activities.
The role holder will need to have regular and frequent interaction with the Business Area and Global Shared Services representatives.
Employee related activities:
- Monitoring visa validity and flagging off visa renewal requirement to employees
- Coordinate and obtain employment/ residence visa for new employees/ existing employees.
- Coordinate with typing centers and the employee enquiry for family visa renewal
- Reviewing invoices submitted by typing center for correctness
- Obtain work permit and visa for the S class
- Assist and coordinate to obtain business visit visa to other countries
- Obtain mission work permit and visa
- Coordinate cancellation of visa for employees and families
- Arranging for a visa fitness exam for the new hired employees
- Obtain residence visas and renewal for families of IA employees
- Cancellation of Mission visa
- Responding to employee queries regarding COVID protocols, Visa procedure and entry and exit laws
- Assisting the Global Mobility team regarding Ejari registration, as and when needed.
- Coordinate with Pune team/BA HR/GMT related to visa queries and requirements
- Assisting GSS finance team with Emirati pension payments
- Assisting GSS finance in resolving issues for closure of Legal Entity (under LEEP) without penalties
- Supporting legal department with the Insurance Authority registration and renewal
- Support with the official document’s legalization
- Adding/ removing activity for Abu Dhabi trade license
- Support with the adding/removing activity for the other legal entities (if needed)
Ministry related activities:
- Trade License Renewal
- Chamber of commerce certificate renewal
- Ministry of Economy registration renewal
- Environmental agencies certificate renewal
- Civil Defense certificate renewal
- Nuclear Authority approval
- National Media Council registration and renewal
- Coordinating with Labour Inspectors
- Coordinating with Municipal Inspectors
- Getting visa quota from Ministry of Labour
- Establishment card for Immigration renewal
- Negotiating contract and discount with typing center for Abu Dhabi & Dubai
- Register with the pension authorities for nationals (Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Bahrain)
Business Area Specific activities:
- Obtain Security Passes for onshore & offshore oilfield facilities
- Obtain port pass
- Obtain Jebel Ali pass
- Obtain appointment for Offshore medial fitness to get security passes
- Translation of documents
- Request for LOA
- CICPA pass application
- Obtain appointment for offshore medical test
- Obtain offshore Optima card
Energy Systems - Department for Subsea, Risers and Pipelines
Our team of 100 engineers deliver world class services that range from early concept, through detailed design and operations, to decommissioning and abandonment for riser, cable, pipeline and subsea production systems.
We deliver certification, verification and technical advisory services covering design verification, technology qualification, condition assessments, risk-based inspection planning and life extension studies. Our main market is the North Sea, but we get involved in projects all over the world, supporting our local offices and global clients. We also invest heavily in research and development (R&D) in close co-operation with the industry, using our accumulated knowledge to develop tomorrow's standards and software products.
Our department plays an important role in energy transition as the world seeks to decarbonize energy production and transfer to green energy. Carbon capture and storage become important to battle the climate change. Pipelines are essential for transportation of CO2 and H2. DNV pipeline sections are deeply involved in the R&D work in these fields and also support our clients on reusing existing pipelines and building new ones. In the Riser Technology section our product specialization is within risers, well systems, umbilicals and cables exposed to hydrodynamic loading. These products are vital in many market segments, like Offshore Wind, Floating Solar Power, Oil & Gas and Maritime.
Managers will select summer students based on their business needs aligned with your education, experience, and background. Please indicate your masters program specialization and/or main area of study during the application process.
This position will be on a 12-month contract term (with the possibility for a contract extension) based in India. We are seeking candidates who recently passed master’s degree. He/she will work in advisory projects and leading-edge Research and Innovation activities including the use of new technologies in maritime sector such as IOT/Edge, autonomous and zero-emission vessels, data platform/data analytics. The selected individuals can expect to work in a dynamic, high performing team with diverse technical and management background, nationalities and experience, leveraging on DNV global network, accelerated learning curve and working on exciting projects with meaningful impact to the clients’ organisation and wider maritime industry.
As an Associate Consultant, you will be part of an experienced and diverse team conducting consulting work such as techno-commercial feasibility studies and market assessments, research & innovation activities or delivering customized solutions to our clients within the region and across the world, covering all elements of analysis and capability improvement projects leveraging on Digitalisation, Automation and Big Data Analytics. There will be significant learning opportunities for the selected candidates as the role will involve engaging our clients and external stakeholders, interviewing and brainstorming activities with DNV experts located in India, Singapore and our other research and advisory hubs such as in Norway and Germany, and other forms of activities involving desktop learning, reviewing of research papers and publications.
Nuestro equipo de ventas está buscando un ejecutivo de ventas para nuestra oficina en Argentina. Vendemos servicios de gestión de riesgos a incluir: Certificación de sistemas de gestión, sostenibilidad, servicios de certificación de seguridad alimentaria y capacitación para empresas de todos los tamaños en múltiples industrias.
El ejecutivo de ventas es responsable de garantizar que se logren los objetivos de ventas desarrollando contactos y acercándose a nuevos mercados estratégicos potenciales y promoviendo los servicios pertinentes de DNV Business Assurance según la estrategia de ventas y marketing establecida, el plan táctico y el plan de marketing.
Lo que harás:
- Identificarás posibilidades de venta y evaluarás las necesidades del cliente.
- Buscarás activamente nuevas oportunidades de venta y nuevos negocios.
- Ejecutarás el desarrollo en canales alternativos de ventas.
- Visitarás a clientes potenciales para presentaciones de los servicios.
- Serás responsable por el desarrollo y emisión de propuestas técnico-comerciales y negociación de contratos. Desarrollarás relaciones con otras partes interesadas.
- Asistirá a ferias o eventos comerciales.
What to expect as an Expert in the Structures section in Maritime Advisory?
You will be part of a diverse team of 19 talented engineers offering world class advisory services within structures for ships and the offshore industries.
The keyword for our section is FEM, finite element analysis, and we help our customers with the most difficult and non-standard deliveries in the industry - meaning our projects are unique and offer new learnings every time and throughout the career. Luckily, you will be teamed up with our experts which are behind DNV’s rule development, who are leading international committees and having years of experience on software, tools, and simulations.
Working as an engineer in Structure’s section will give a wide exposure to the field of maritime structures, but also a close collaboration with the experts within other sections and disciplines in Maritim Advisory such as hydrodynamics, noise and vibration and life cycle management. We work across borders with units in China, Singapore, Hamburg, and Poland. This is a truly international and multidisciplinary environment which fosters learning, collaboration, and knowledge sharing through challenging projects.
There is a large focus on continuous development and offering new digital solutions in the section, and we have fully digital services and our own in-house software as well as using leading industry tools such as DNV’s Sesam package and the commercial finite element program Abaqus.
The Structures section is the perfect place for engineers to shape the future of their careers among experts and likeminded talents.
Our section offers a wide array of services to the maritime and offshore industries, such as:
- Structural condition assessment and (digital) monitoring
- Fatigue analyses from full stochastic to prescriptive calculations (FLS)
- Extreme response covering buckling, collision, and extreme loading (ULS and ALS)
- Alternative fuels and containment systems for gas and emerging technologies such as liquid hydrogen and CO2 transport, including carbon capture and storage (CCS).
We have always been leaders within the technical discipline of structural analyses in the maritime and offshore industry, covering complex assets such as cruise ships, LNG carriers, FPSOs and wind turbine installation vessels (WTIV). In the last years we have been leading the development of digital twins for structural condition monitoring and offering fully digital online services to our customers. We truly believe this is one of the few workplaces where you work in the forefront of the technical field of maritime structures, close to both industry experts, academia, rule developers and varied customers within many segments.
The role is an opportunity for a driven Buisness Development Manager to join our growing Business Assurance UK sales team. Working across all sectors and selling a wide scope of management systems standards, this a role that can flex to fit the most ambitious individuals.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Proactive & reactive development of new sales opportunities
- Build relationships with existing customer base to maximise further selling opportunities
- Exceptional written proposals
- Diligent use of CRM to manage opportunity pipeline
- Foster internal network to genrate opportunities
The right candidate will have the perfect balance between a commercial mindset, a customer focused approached and a good technical understanding of complex business environments. You will have a proven track record in a similar role with sales and/or customer service or a technical background with a strong commercial mindset and experience from business development or technical selling.
We expect that you have experience working with CRM systems, SharePoint and Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Our services are highly specialized and that will require you to have good abilities to communicate and sell the value proposition. You will of course get thorough training in our services, with a defined mentor, and will participate in suitable courses to learn our strategy, services and markets.
DNV – Digital Solutions Pipeline Product Center is seeking a Product Delivery Manager (Scrum Product Owner) to join our Pipeline Product Center team. This tactical role is responsible for delivering the roadmap set forth by the Product Manager to the delight of our customers. He/she is responsible for strong project management, further detailing the requirements, managing the product backlog, ensuring quality in the product release, and reinforcing agile processes with the team. Key wins in this role include applying best practices for software engineering to deliver releases per defined scope and schedule.
This position is based out of our Mechanicsburg, PA or Katy, TX office and reports to the Head of Pipeline Product Center.
What You’ll do
- Use strong project management skills to coordinate efforts across multiple scrum teams, including the reinforcement of strong agile processes in the scrum teams
- Close collaboration with Product Manager to ensure the implementation and efficient delivery of the product roadmaps
- Understand what needs to be built and delivered to customers and how to build it from a user, technical, and technology perspective
- Elaborate roadmap into capabilities, stories, and features to define detailed requirements (convert “What and Why” into “How the product is used”)
- Create a release schedule, negotiating the scope and/or timeline with Product Manager
- Coordinate and manage the development sprints according to the release schedule
- Manage the product backlog including prioritizing features, user stories and bugs using Azure Dev Ops
- Collaborate with the Product architect to ensure appropriate technology components are approved and then effectively deployed
- Establish a sprint review meeting to demonstrate work across all scrum teams, inviting all necessary business stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring products are delivered to customer expectations based on work done in prototyping phases
- Ensure products meet quality and information security requirements, using the expertise of the testing & security leads on the project
- Provide content to Product Manager and technical writers to consolidate into product documentation, status notes, and release notes
- Quickly and effectively escalate product risks to Head of Pipeline Product Center and Product Line Director
- Strong collaboration with Cloud Excellence Center for cloud-based solutions, ensuring that the solution can and will be efficiently deployed and operated in a Microsoft Azure environment
HR Operations Specialist (North America)
We are looking for a highly motivated HR Operations Specialist who will deliver day-to-day quality HR services according to legal and company requirements and be the first point of contact with all HR related matters. In addition, you will be responsible for document, personnel and employee data management. You will be also engaged in different improvement initiatives where you will have an opportunity to share and implement your ideas. The role is broad and captures many aspects of HR operational processes, team members may be asked to focus on certain aspects within the role.
In your role you will:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with North America & EMEA employees and managers to understand their queries and respond to them in an effective manner
- Provide end to end HR support (Onboarding, Data Administration, Absence Administration, Exit Management, Benefits Administration, support HR Tools & Systems and other employee life cycle activities)
- Listen and understand the voice of the HR customer and represent that to other teams and groups when necessary
- Have strong focus on customer experience improvement KPIs with high attention to time and quality standard
- Flag pain points and make recommendations to improve the HR services
- Prepare and deliver HR documents to employees or authorities
- Register and maintain employee’s data and personnel files in the core HR system (Oracle HCM) and also monitor all the upstream & downstream data flow. Ensure frequent review / governance on data quality on all HR Systems (completeness and correctness of data)
- Support benefits administration for pension and employee insurance, including enrolment and termination of eligibility, verify eligibility of staff and dependents and associated invoices, process invoices and charge to department cost centers via invoicing system
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and adhere to local and global data protection norms
- Contribute to timely creation and maintenance of HR process documentation (Process Maps, Knowledge Articles, Work Instructions, etc.) and work with regional / global process owners for alignment
- Work collaboratively with other team members within the HR Operations Team to share ideas for the continuous improvement of processes, incl. cooperation with the European Global Centre & Regional Centres / Local Country offices
- Work on improvement and digitalization initiatives
- Design and build usable, accessible, appealing and standards compliant web- and mobile-based user interfaces.
- Be involved in the web/mobile-development project lifecycle from prototyping through definition and design to build, integration, QA and delivery.
- Build and expand our digital customer engagement platform, E-Commerce and API ecosystem.
- Build web analytic competence to understand customers and deliver value
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability across the globe
- Stay up-to-date on emerging web technologies and apply new technologies to future solutions.
DNV Business Assurance is in an exciting phase of growth, with ambitious market targets. We are looking for a Project Coordinator within Customer Care team to coordinate projects, auditors schedule and customer needs.
Your primary function is to schedule and plan activities ensuring business efficiency and effectiveness in accordance with procedure, rules and regulations. The role has a high impact on the section's results, client satisfaction and colleagues' work life.
Key tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform scheduling / planning process in accordance with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Communicate continually with clients and auditors to confirm schedule;
- Understand and have in consideration logistics / geographic implications when planning;
- Coordinating Auditors Calendars to achieve their objectives;
- Coordinating bid contract planning with other DNV offices;
- Revise projects for adding new certification period;
- Register signed agreements to create project and control of data quality between agreement;
and operations before creating and/or updating projects
- Handle all agreements changes that has no commercial impact;
- Working closely together with the Customer Care team as well as other functions within Business Assurance.
Tasks included, but not limited to
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the rules, regulations, instructions, guidelines and quality requirements of DNV
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of DNV
- Exhibit customer-oriented focus through promoting DNV onboard or on-site and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions
We are looking for a Project Manager that is motivated to be a part of a New team in the Region. The basis for performance of the services provided by this unit is multi-discipline and diverse knowledge within materials, welding and inspection technology. The successful candidate should preferably have good knowledge within one or more of these areas. It is also valuable to have knowledge of HSE, risk and quality processes.
The candidate should be an experienced Project Manager and preferably know the drivers in the Oil & Gas industry (Saudi NOC) and be familiar with activities and processes related to manufacturing and fabrication of components and structures.
The ideal candidate is proactive, visible and thorough, and is good at prioritizing, especially towards clients.
The position is based in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Part of the Sales team of Business Assurance SEA (certification and training), the Sales and Business Development Executive will report to the Business Development and Key Customer Manager, Southeast Asia.
- Responsible for driving the sales, developing the business relationships, establishing and maintaining both sales and business development strategies to meet sales targets and implement the marketing initiatives.
- In a proactive mode, approach targeted companies, identify and generate business opportunities in line with DNV services portfolio;
- Develop a local network of partners (consultants, channels);
- In respect of DNV’s rules, prepare, submit and defend added-value proposals;
- Follow-up, negotiate and conclude business contracts to achieve individual targets;
- Sustain existing customers’ loyalty, deal with sales requests in coordination with other DNV departments;
- Take part in local communication actions (events, tradeshows, conferences, exhibitions, etc).
- In relation with the area to cover, the expectation is that the incumbent shall be ready to travel in her/his dedicated geography (~60% of the overall time to be considered on the field).