Are you interested in helping companies develop their ESG/sustainability investment strategies and have an interest in sustainable finance?
As part team of professionals and world class experts we help clients integrate sustainability into their core business and financial strategy, enterprise risk management, operations, and supply chains, acting as a trusted third party delivering a full suite of assurance and advisory services.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Sales Consultant with proven business development and technical skills in green/social/sustainable bonds (ideally, but not limited to, Second Party Opinions), the EU taxonomy, climate risk (e.g., TCFD) and ESG disclosures, to join our UK Sustainability and ESG Services.
You will also get the opportunity to lead projects in:
- Sustainable finance advisory
- Climate change/risk consulting
- Report assurance
- Sustainability strategy
- Supply chain
DNV – Digital Solutions is seeking a Customer Success Engineer to join our Cloud Excellence Center unit that is responsible for accelerating cloud adoption through cloud-native solutions and improving the production efficiency by realizing the following benefits: high availability, cost effectiveness, high efficiency/automation, security and customer experience.
Customer Success Engineer is responsible for increasing the competitive advantage of Cloud services through the effective use of data from the platform. He/she is responsible for visualizing, collecting and analyzing our digital data. We see this as a crucial role to understand our customer journeys and improve our services. Customer Success Engineer works closely with the Cloud Operations and Cloud Architecture teams and other teams to ensure that aspirations of the business plan are met.
The role requires excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, with attention to detail and an ability to drive for results, working closely with other teams within Digital Solutions.
Tasks May Include
- Develop data visualizations using business intelligence tools
- Utilize statistical techniques to assess performance and identify improvements or upselling opportunities
- Implementation, collection, and analysis of data from the cloud platform and other digital sources
- Present and share new ideas to visualize and collect data bringing recommendations and improvements
- Affinity towards problem solving and ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with limited supervision.
As part of the larger DNV Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. To our customers and the society at large, we are a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
In Sweden, the Business Assurance team consists of approx. 50 employees, who are located at our offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
DNV Business Assurance Sweden is looking for an inspiring Sales & Training Manager, who is seeking opportunities to grow personally and professionally and would like to contribute to the growth and success of our ambitious and dynamic organization.
DNV – Digital Solutions is seeking a Head of Ship Product Centre to join our Software Engineering unit. As a Unit we are responsible for developing world class software for managing risk and asset management in a broad range of industries. The Software Engineering unit consists of 490 people in six Product Centres worldwide and two common Centres of Enablement.
The Ship Product Centre is responsible for the development, maintenance, delivery and operation of our Maritime software portfolio. Our software solutions help shipping companies to ensure compliance, maximize profitability and environmental sustainability.
This includes the enterprise solution for technical asset management, supply chain management, compliance management and crew management including analytics and interfaces as well as further solutions for hull integrity management and port clearance.
You as Head of Product Centre are responsible for a global organization, the technology strategy, way of working and execution according to the product roadmap & strategy. You are also responsible for handling the technology debt, competence development and for inspiring the teams to continuously improve their ways of working.
It is key to have good relationships and facilitate collaboration with other functions in DNV, such as the Director of Software Engineering, Centres of Enablement, Product Line Director team, the Sales and Consulting organisation as well as the Maritime Business Area.
You will report to the Director of Software Engineering and will be a member of the Software Engineering Leadership Team.
This position is located in Rostock or Pune.
• Contribute to overall product line strategies
• Drive design, development, and continuous delivery of software according to product roadmaps and business cases
• Drive adoption of continuous delivery, customer centricity and other practices that ensure the timely delivery of value to our customers
• Define and execute on technology strategy for products
• Drive the cloud transformation in the Product Centre, including new ways of working in the hybrid operating model (Software as a Service, hosted and on-premise)
• Collaborate with other Product Centres and Centres of Enablement
• Foster a ‘learn it all’ culture with continuous competence development
• Ensure focus on security and quality in all parts of the operation
• Facilitate collaboration with key functions and stakeholders internally
• Drive technology and R&D partnerships in conjunction with the Product Line Director
• Manage the Product Centre staff in the day-to-day performance of their job and perform all relevant finance and HR processes according to deadlines set
• Assist PM/Engineers set-up and run laboratory testing.
• Analyze test specimens
• Perform tasks on projects relating to testing. This includes experimental setup and data collection.
• Follow the Safety, Health Environmental and Quality Assurance program on projects for which he/she is performing the work
• Other duties as assigned.
You will be active in a wide range of service areas, including assessments and training, with a focus on third-party assessments related to auditing standards (RBA, SMETA, company-specific standards) or CSR in the supply chain.
You will be engaged in advisory, evaluation and verification work, training, and other third-party evaluation work in the environmental (especially climate change measures) and social fields, mainly for domestic corporations.
- Support and advice on climate change-related (CDP, SBT certification) strategy development
- Support and advice on TCFD compliance (scenario analysis, business impact assessment, etc.)
- Advice on corporate governance code and other ESG information disclosure (GRI, etc.)
- Support and advice on GHG emissions and CFP (carbon footprint) calculation
Third-party verification of GHG emissions (Scope 1, 2, 3) and CFP of products
- Verification of environmental and social data in sustainability reports and integrated reports
- Assistance and advice on the development of carbon neutral projects
- Support and advice on life cycle assessments related to circular economy
- Support and advice on biodiversity and human rights due diligence
- Support and advice on institutional design of certification schemes based on sustainability standards
You will also be involved in project management and business development activities related to the above work.
You will be responsible for technical evaluation of projects for ESG promotion and preparation of third-party opinions for the execution of project financing. You will also be involved in project management and business development related to the above work.
Medical Deivice Cert Group leader
Business development business in the medical device and pharmaceutical fields ・This position will be in charge of launching new business development in the medical device and pharmaceutical fields in cooperation with our overseas offices.
If you have the ambition to grow together with a flexible and dynamic team of people that truly believe hydrogen is an important energy carrier to support the energy transition, then DNV has a spot for you. Our Hydrogen talent is passionate about creating a safer, better, and more sustainable world.
We work together in global and inclusive teams where diversity is a priority. We embrace new ideas that challenge the status quo.
DNV Energy Systems - is seeking a Head of Regional Center of Excellence – Low Carbon Fuels (Head of Section) to lead our hydrogen and low carbon fuel efforts, to set the strategy and vision, to grow a business supporting our customers through all their current and future hydrogen needs. The role offers strategic leadership, people management, networks to on-board new customers and services, and seeks new ways to delight current customers to ensure repeat business.
They will be aware of market opportunities where we can differentiate, change business models, and lead innovation initiatives. They will work closely on commercial opportunities to strengthen and expand the business, including driving the doer/seller culture, and adapting the service offerings to respond to our customers' greatest needs. They will partner with key account managers and regional segment managers in delivering an excellent customer experience while stimulating collaboration within their department as well as across the organization. They will ensure that their leaders and the employees within the department have the right capabilities and strive for a high-performing, collaborative culture and exceptional employee experience.
This position can be in our Montreal, CA or Toronto, CA office.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical insights, strategies efforts, and solidifying relationships with key customers, creating new customer opportunities, and actively positioning DNV as the low carbon fuels choice consultant
- Identifies and capitalizes on business opportunities based on deep understanding of customer needs and value creation for our customers
- Work closely together with regional segment lead and rest of North America experts for H2 and other low carbon fuels to share, learn and implement best practices
- Builds and leads a growth team, stimulates a high-performing culture, sets direction, and acts as a role model
- Optimizes business performance through delivery management, cost-efficient business operations and an aligned workforce plan.
- Empowers employees, fosters professional growth and progression.
- Builds and strengthens a strong internal culture based on company values.
- Actively incorporates diversity considerations into staff development, progression, and recruiting processes.
DNV’s Global Shared Services (GSS) North America is seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist to join our regional team. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent, and service oriented environment to support the success of the business, with great possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
This position is based out of our DNV office in Katy, TX. with hybrid or flexible work arrangement (home/office).
What you’ll do
- Collects and analyzes key Benefits metrics and data from a variety of sources, including human resource information systems (HRIS) and payroll outputs, benefits enrollment records, management and employee surveys, broker, government labor statistics, competitors’ practices, and other sources
- Prepares reports of data results, presenting and explaining findings to senior leadership to support strategy development
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics
- Plan and project manage implementation of new leave programs, benefits plans, and other related initiatives
- Ensures compliance with regulations and best practices with support from broker/consultant and other Benefits team members
- Manage other projects as assigned
Risk Management unit Brazil is seeking a talented Senior Consultant with a proven ability to tackle complex technical challenges, to join a fast-paced technical safety consultancy at the cutting edge of risk analysis techniques. This a great opportunity to be part of a motivated team that is a trusted voice to tackle global transformations and challenges, helping our customers in achieving the safety of their assets and operations.
The Risk Management team in Brazil provide a wide range of advisory safety engineering and risk management services to the energy industry, for CAPEX and OPEX projects, in Brazil and other South American countries. The Process Safety Risk Senior Consultant is expected to liaise with and support several customers and stakeholders in the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments, including regulatory agencies and tackle energy transition topics, such as CCS, Hydrogen and ESG.
The Process Safety Risk Senior Consultant reports to a Team Lead and has responsibility for technical delivery of projects with collaboration of other team members besides project management. The role includes customer interaction to find solutions to their challenges and discuss project schedule/ delivery.
Risk Management unit Brazil is seeking a talented Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Consultant with a proven ability to tackle complex technical challenges, to join a fast-paced technical safety consultancy at the cutting edge of risk analysis techniques. This a great opportunity to be part of a motivated team that is a trusted voice to tackle global transformations and challenges, helping our customers in achieving the safety of their assets and operations.
The Risk Management South America team provide a wide range of advisory safety engineering and risk management services to the energy industry, for CAPEX and OPEX projects, in Brazil and worldwide. The CFD Consultant is expected to liaise with and support several customers and stakeholders including regulatory agencies mainly in the upstream segments, but also in midstream and downstream segments, and tackle energy transition topics, such as CCS and Hydrogen.
The CFD Consultant reports to a Team Lead and has responsibility for technical delivery of projects with collaboration of other team members besides project management. The role includes customer interaction to find solutions to their challenges and discuss project schedule/ delivery.
Senior HSE Management Consultant, he/she will lead a cross functional consulting team involved in project delivery, project management and customer services, supporting clients primarily in the local onshore and offshore Oil, Gas and Process industry. This position will include a large variety of projects and offers great opportunities for personal and professional career development.
We are interested in people with the ability to deliver services within the following areas:
- HSE management consulting and improvement
- HSE system construction (including the writing/preparation of HSE management manuals, procedures and guidelines)
- HSE performance assessment or audit
- Safety culture improvement consulting
- Emergency Response Management consulting
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- HSE related training etc.
We are at the beginning of a crucial transformation. Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of our times.
At GreenPowerMonitor, a DNV company we combine knowledge, expertise and innovative data-driven digital solutions as our response to enable our customers to tackle the energy transition.
Our purpose is to provide data-driven digital solutions to maximize the performance of renewable energy assets, optimize efficiency in the management of renewable energy portfolios and contribute to have the greenest energy mix in the grid.
With more than 20 years’ experience, we have consolidated our position as the independent leaders in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy plants.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com and www.dnv.com.
Are you interested in being part of the green and technological revolution? Do you consider yourself as passionate and customer-focused as we are? Are you looking to be part of a Start-Up within a global group? In GreenPowerMonitor you can have the luck to find them all! In addition to the above, we have fun providing cutting-edge monitoring solutions for the renewable energy industry: join us!
GreenPowerMonitor is looking for a talented and proactive person to work in our Customer Success Team in Barcelona.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the incidents reported by customers (Networking, Dataloggers, Device Communications…)
- Technical assistance through emails and calls (Technical Assistance Support)
- Project modifications based on customer needs
- Creation and modification of electrical and single line diagram (AutoCAD)
- Manage internal documentation
- Set-up of GPM platforms (Web Portal, GPM Plus, GPM Scada and Horizon)
- Detect errors and support the improvement of QUALITY
We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer who will be part of our Grid Code Compliance-team located in Hamburg. The team consists of 24 colleagues who are dealing with certification processes for the renewable energy industry. We are active in at least the areas of wind, solar, biomass, hydro and storage. In the role of the Project engineer you will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the technical process of electrical grid code compliance in accordance with (inter)national specifications and standards
- Software-supported modelling and examination (including DIgSILENT PowerFactory, MathWorks MATLAB)
- technical and professional analysis, independent assessment and evaluation of test results on electrical components, generation units and plants, certification to prove grid code compliance
- Tasks in the area of (further) development of technical guidelines, automated/digital solutions, support of tests and measurements, customer care, project management as well as development of new services and acquisition of new markets and customer areas
Job Description: Customer Service Centre
Main Purpose & Desired Outcome
•Provide in a professional and timely support to the Sales & Marketing team within Singapore.
• Support gathering and preparing presentations, documents, information material, data to assist the sales team and the sales management team preparing customer interaction, internal meetings or business planning and sales steering activities.
• Assist in the production of professional quotations, and contracts, with input from the sales team and according to standardized formal processes, content and layout.
• Support the sales team and the marketing & communications team with arranging, executing and following-up of marketing and communication activities such as conferences, forums, exhibitions, etc. as well as with mass-communication initiatives towards customers and prospective customers.
• Coordinate and support the maintenance of customer address and contact data, customer activity data, and opportunity data in the CRM to enable professional after sales service and reliable sales performance management (e.g. Sales Pipeline Management).
• Collaborate with the Sales Back Office (SBO) to support with administrative tasks
• Ensure accuracy of customer master data and activity data in the CRM related to the assigned accounts
• Support the process of customer satisfaction review for parts of assigned Accounts
• Working in a busy Maritime commercial team
• Maritime Classification services
• Understanding Commercial Contracts
• Using DATA to identify Sales Opportunities
• Working with MS Office Suite tools and CRM applications
DNV’s Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Wind Turbine Inspections Specialist to join our Wind Turbine Technology team, which includes our wind turbine inspections services.
It is preferred that this position be based out of our Mexico, DF office, but other DNV Renewables Advisory markets in Mexico will be considered.
What You’ll Do
Provide project-related field inspection and support within Renewables Advisory SEMELA with a focus on wind turbine condition, site operations, and project construction phases. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing End of Warranty inspections and testing on condition of wind turbine equipment on-site
- Performing incoming goods inspections at wind project sites
- Performing operational site assessment site visits to inspect equipment and operations and maintenance processes to objectively assess project conditions
- Supporting/Performing construction monitoring site visits
- Supporting root cause failure investigations through inspection and documentation of field conditions as well as follow-up analysis projects (both desk and field inspection work)
- Meet company required documentation and reporting and administrative responsibilities
- Author detailed construction monitoring and operational site visit reports, and write memos, emails, or technical notes to communicate clearly and objectively internally and to clients with accuracy and technical rigor
- Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as HSE documentation, time sheets, expense reports, inspection check sheets, tracking reports and scheduling controls
- Typically, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday while in the office. Hours are flexible, with starting times between 8.00 a.m. – 9.00 a.m. The working day is typically 8 hours, excluding lunch break. Field work hours can vary depending upon site needs and weather conditions
Our world is undergoing an energy transition and there is an immediate need to adopt more renewable energy. Energy storage is a key enabling technology of this transition. At DNV we are committed to supporting the quickly evolving energy storage industry with the best data, expertise, and insights on the planet. We strive to fulfill our vision of being a trusted voice to tackle global transformations, and we welcome you to be a part of it.
We’re looking for a Battery Expert to work on a variety of energy storage projects that incorporate primarily lithium-ion batteries. You will work closely with industry leaders on current and future battery technology developed by some of the most well-known manufacturers and integrators.
This position will be key in growing DNV’s practice around lithium-ion batteries, along with forward looking growth into novel battery technologies such as sodium, lithium metal, and other non-lithium-ion alternatives. This position will include responsibility for project leadership, support, and business development.
This position could be based in our Toronto office. However, other office locations or remote work will also be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Review, assess and opine on some of the most cutting-edge battery technology on the market
- Clearly communicate advanced technical concepts such as battery chemistry, cell performance, controls, charge and discharge strategies, and more to a broader audience
- Manage projects and/or project tasks, executing deliverables
- Meet key performance indicators individually and for the group
- Interact with customers in person or via email, phone or video
- Analyze and interpret technical data and documents
- Model battery performance and degradation
- Collaborate with staff in the development of new business and projects for advisory and testing work
- Present or aid in the development of presentation materials for conferences and workshops
- Provide input on strategic planning and marketing decisions
- Support the mission and vision, have some fun while you do it, and maybe make a few new friends!
Safety Integrity UK is seeking a talented Senior Consultant with a proven ability to tackle complex technical challenges, to join a fast-paced technical safety consultancy at the cutting edge of risk analysis techniques. This a great opportunity to be part of a team that is a trusted voice to tackle global transformations such as the decarbonisation of energy networks. In particular, we are currently very active in the safe transmission, distribution and application of hydrogen as a source of energy.
Safety Integrity UK is a single department of approximately 120 people. The Safety Integrity department consists of several Sections spread across different locations (London, Loughborough, Aberdeen, Manchester). Safety Integrity provide a wide range of safety engineering, asset integrity and risk management services to the energy industry, using a comprehensive range of tools for consequence modelling and risk analysis.
The role of the Senior Technical Safety Consultant sits within Safety Risk and will be based in London, but there will also be a requirement to travel in the UK and occasionally overseas for client-related work. The Senior Technical Safety Consultant reports to a Head of Section and has responsibility for project management and technical delivery of projects under the guidance of more senior members of the team and have technical leadership of more junior consultants. The role includes customer interaction to discuss project schedule/ delivery, technical issues and solutions.
- Develop and deliver technical solutions to customer issues through use of consequence modelling, frequency, reliability and risk analysis of onshore and offshore major accident hazards.
- Project manage and work on multiple projects to the satisfaction of the Manager/ Project Sponsor (i.e. within the required timeframe, cost and quality standards).
- Apply consequence and risk assessment tools and techniques as appropriate (e.g. QRA, consequence analysis, numerical analysis and other formal safety studies) and carry out safety case development, ALARP demonstration and any other technical safety work required to support clients in meeting their legislative and regulatory obligations.
- Lead and support production of full close out reports to clients (identifying where possible further business opportunities for DNV).
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders; support efforts to win external work and manage bids on new projects.
- Actively seek to improve delivery processes through innovation.
- Develop experience and expertise across project and team activities; provide professional support and guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Take personal responsibility for self-development. In conjunction with the line manager, prepare a development plan which reflects agreed areas of required personal/ technical development.
- Carry out other reasonable duties/ tasks as required, to deliver and meet the objectives of the Safety & Integrity business.