The role is within the Business Area Energy Systems and comprises delivery of wind and solar analytics services to support due diligence for wind farms as well as residential, commercial, and utility scale PV systems to customers in APAC.
The candidate will be located in our Japan (Yokohama) office and join the Renewables Advisory practice which consists of approximately 120 staff in Japan, Korea, Australia, India, Greater China, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia.
The main activities of the role of Renewable Energy Analyst are:
- Analysis of time series data from meteorological measurements, and development of insights and assumptions for inclusion in modelling tools;
- Forecasting long-term resource using measure-correlate-predict methods and other regression models;
- Creation of GIS data such as elevation, ground covers and project constraints as software input files;
- Perform site visits to review and verify on-site conditions and data measurement installations;
- Development of annual and long-term pre-construction energy assessments, using various modelling tools;
- Analysis of energy production data from operational projects, including comparison of operating vs. modelled data, downtime analyses, and various other comparative analyses using quantitative data analysis techniques;
- Development of uncertainty analyses using statistical and pragmatic approaches to determine probabilistic energy production forecasts;
- Review and provide comments on feasibility studies, resource assessments and energy estimates provided by other parties;
- Technical writing of final reports for stakeholders;
- Work on multiple projects, planning and managing own time to meet deadlines;
- Participate in business development activities. Build relationships and manage interfaces with external clients;
- Producing proposals and working with colleagues to build existing and new service areas;
- Working with programmers, engineers, and management to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and develop updated methodologies;
- Assist in the research and development of technical papers or presentations.
DNV is seeking a highly motivated Senior Consultant with experience in Energy Markets & Low Carbon fuels (Green hydrogen/Ammonia, methanol, biodiesel, biogas, SAF...). The role is within the Energy Markets and Transactions section in Spain (Madrid), part of an international team covering ,Southern Europe, Latin America, , Middle East & Africa. The successful candidate will have keen interest in the Energy Advisory field. Additionally, the candidate shall have keen interest in how new technologies translate into policies or techno-economic models to facilitate the energy transition
The policies & transactions team has been recently created and is growing fast. Come and join us !!
The role may require international travel (less 20% of time)
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading green ammonia/ methanol pre-feasibility market assessments and market entry studies from bid execution until project closure.
- Leading/executing technical due diligences on low carbon fuels, electric vehicles & power generation (waste to energy, biogas, biomass, biofuels, hydropower, CCGT…) from bid execution until project closure.
- Designing decarbonization strategies and roadmaps, including policy white papers, government procedures and monitoring tools.
- Managing relationships with key external and internal clients all over the region. Good track record of leading, writing & winning proposals is an advantage.
- Supporting team engagement through attending related conferences and focus groups.
- Supporting clients in designing and implementing programs related to energy transition topics such as GHG footprint, energy management, waste to energy, pollution prevention and reduction, circular economy.
DNV is seeking a highly motivated Senior Consultant with experience in developing decarbonization strategies (Green Hydrogen/Ammonia/Methanol, Green House Gases mitigations.) as well as supporting the power generation (Biogas, biomass, CCGT, hydro) Due diligences in the region. The role is within the Energy Markets and Transactions section (Dubai offices), part of an international team covering Southern Europe, Middle East & Africa & Latin America. The successful candidate will have keen interest in the Energy Advisory field. Additionally, the candidate shall have keen interest in how new technologies translate into policies or techno-economic models to facilitate the energy transition
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading green hydrogen/ green ammonia/ methanol pre-feasibility assessments and market entry studies from bid execution until project closure.
- Leading/executing technical due diligences on Green Fuels, Energy Storage & Power Generation. (biogas, biomass, hydropower, waste to energy, CCGT) from bid execution until project closure.
- Conducting thermal power generation analysis (desirable)
- Designing decarbonization strategies, new business models and roadmaps, including policy white papers, government procedures and energy transition monitoring tools.
- Managing relationships with key external and internal clients all over the region. Good track record of leading, writing & winning proposals is an advantage.
- Supporting team engagement through attending related conferences and focus groups.
DNV’s Markets & Transactions section is looking for a Consultant to support advisory work for power market modeling in Southern Europe and Latin American markets. DNV is implementing a strong expansion plan for power analytics services throughout Europe, Middle East and Latin America and is looking to reinforce its current team based in Spain. The candidate will be integrated in a dynamic team that has a clear mandate to grow in terms of markets coverage and services. The position will be based in Madrid, Spain.
DNV’s energy markets analytics activity is structured around a set of internal processes and tools that combine a fundamental approach (dispatch models) with statistical and artificial intelligence methods that aim to understand and replicate the market agents’ interaction with the different power and ancillary services markets.
The Consultant is expected to support advisory projects, with below activities:
- Electricity Market Modelling:
- Markets trends (expansion plan, commodities).
- Scenario analysis (climate, electrical vehicle, distributed and self-consumption).
- Medium- and long-term forecast.
- Webservice feeding.
- Refinement of the tools and models as per client expectations and scope of work
- Market Intelligence: big data, data mining, energy markets analysis and commercial advisory.
- Interaction with other LATAM and European teams
- Interaction with consulting teams in order to ensure perfect delivery of consulting projects
- Market analysis (quantitative and regulatory)
- Market price forecasts (Wholesale, Capacity, Stabilized price, Ancillary Services)
- Revenue analysis, associated risks.
- Any other tailormade analysis.
- Interaction with clients before, during and after consulting projects
We are looking for a Consultant with a keen interest in Energy and up to 4 years of experience; software knowledge in programming languages (Python, VBA) and SQL are a plus.
The key purpose of the function is to support the DNV - Maritime business in the region South East Asia, Pacific & India by developing and implementing integrated marketing communication programs, deploying global campaigns locally and applying modern marketing and communication techniques. The function addresses the needs of the local Classification and Maritime Advisory business.
The intern will offer general administrative service and support to the Regional Communications Manager in the delivery of the regional Communications Plan, specifically for the planning and implementation of online and offline marketing activities, to include:
- Develop and maintain a list of communications related materials, calendars etc
- Event management
- Media Outreach Support
- Sales leads/ data management
- Industry research
- Campaign evaluation support
- Social media – content development (dependent on experience)
- Support in presentation creation for management and DNV experts
- And other communications-related activities
Energy Systems division is searching for Intern to the Technical Verification team, focused on Offshore, Mid and Downstream market, to perform the main tasks as below:
Technical Verification of:
SURF and pipeline structures
Portable Offshore Units
Brazilian Regulatory Compliance
Compliance check regarding O&G products and services
Support on resource planning for inspection activities;
Support on technical proposals;
Interface with external and internal Clients;
Minor administrative tasks.
Global Shared Services IT is the DNV IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units and end-users worldwide. GSS IT with nearly 400 employees worldwide is the internal service provider for IT support globally in DNV and has a key role in system evaluation, development, and integration.
We are seeking an IT Support Analyst
for our Global Service Desk team based in Gdynia, Poland
In your role you will:
- Provide exceptional customer service within fixing incidents at first contact (where possible)
- Ensure adherence to SLAs
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Troubleshooting systems, multiple applications, and network issues
- Prioritizing and managing many open tickets at the same time
- Take ownership of registered cases, tracking the progress of all calls and follow-up with the customer to ensure, that they are satisfied with the resolution
- Follow processes to ensure that a high quality of service is provided to internal and external customers
- Provide basic in-house training to end-users
- Take part in testing of new releases or contribute to virtual teams in project work
- Represent the service desk at team and department meetings when required
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up to date with new processes, procedures, and developments (Utilize knowledge base system and contribute to the knowledge base)
The EMEA Pipeline Consulting delivery unit delivers pipeline product solutions systems and associated services for pipeline operators and management across EMEA. We are looking for a junior colleague to join our team in India to deliver Synergi Pipeline Hydraulic Simulation solutions. As a Junior Engineer, you will develop skills and knowledge to help with delivery our solutions for our pipeline customers, and build skills and knowledge, developing a career path within DNV
You will work alongside a multi-skilled team, and tasks will include:
- Configuration and delivery of solutions and associated services that fully meet customer requirements, within the agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Deliver high quality work for customers, measured through their feedback and reflecting high standards
- Providing technical expertise to support/lead business development opportunities and future initiatives
- Production of high quality technical project documentation, presentations and reports as required
- High customer satisfaction, building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
Are you interested in helping companies develop their supply chain sustainability strategies and have an interest in wider supply chain challenges?
We are looking for an established leader with supply chain advisory and audit experience to continue the growth of the supply chain service area. With a proven track record of business development and technical skills in one or more of the following supply chain sustainability areas (see below) - you will manage and lead a team of world-class experts in supporting our clients to integrate sustainability into their core business, enterprise risk management, operations, and value chains by delivering a full suite of assurance and advisory services
- Human rights and social performance
- Chain of custody and traceability
- Digital assurance
- Experience with leading reporting and assurance standards
As part of the role, you will also get the opportunity to lead projects in other sustainability areas, such as:
- Sustainable finance advisory
- Climate change/risk consulting
- Report assurance
- Sustainability strategy
DNV – Energy Services group is seeking a Manager, Energy Efficiency Marketing and Outreach/Sales to oversee marketing, and sales/outreach efforts for our commercial and industrial energy efficiency program in the Philadelphia region.
The position is based out of our Chalfont, PA office and will be a hybrid role with time spent in the office as well as remote or in the field.
This role will manage two subcontractors (one marketing, one “sales” outreach subcontractor) in support of energy efficiency marketing and outreach activity.
What You'll do:
- Lead engagement with utility client and work with subcontractors and the DNV team to ensure marketing and outreach strategies and tactics achieve client goals through the successful engagement of local business segments
- Oversee development, execution and tracking of marketing strategy, campaigns and tactics to promote energy efficiency among targeted businesses segments
- Work with the marketing subcontractor to ensure marketing materials produced are client-ready drafts and final deliverables. This process could include everything from developing new content to substantially rewriting content following client branding style guidelines
- Ability to take technically complex concepts and write about them in layperson’s terms
- Serve as liaison between corporate DNV team and client marketing / corporate communications team
- Work with outreach team to ensure program goals are achieved by optimizing the effectiveness of existing process and priorities and drive accountability for meeting the goals
- Attend in-person activities/events to promote energy efficiency and opportunities
- Conduct presentations to update clients on program success and inform customers of energy service offerings
The successful candidate for this position will have client management experience, strategic marketing and outreach campaigns, strong organizational skills and be an excellent communicator
DNV – Maritime is seeking to fill the role of Surveyor / Auditor to join our DNV New Orleans area with flexible work arrangement. As a Surveyor / Auditor for the station you will be member of a highly qualified team of surveyors and auditors serving maritime industry in Gulf of Mexico in USA. Responsibilities are detailed below.
This position will be based in our DNV office in New Orleans.
What You’ll Do
- Fleet in Service (FiS) Responsibilities
- Inspection and certification of Fleet in service
- Survey ocean-going ships that call at ports in Gulf of Mexico in USA and at sea
- Survey ships for compliance with international standards, DNV Classification Rules, and
- Statutory requirements
- Offshore Responsibilities
- Review and respond to technical queries and design submittals regarding compliance
- Newbuilding Responsibilities
- Manage the project according to DNV Rules for Classification, other governing requirements as well as agreed in the contract with the Yard.
- Be the primary contact with the Customer(s) and other stakeholders (e.g. Owners).
- Be responsible for running the project to meet the defined scope and budget.
- Collect all the information and knowledge relevant for the project and make this available to the relevant parties.
- Know the project documentation including approved drawings and conditions for approval.
- Ensure that the project is properly planned by preparing and updating plans for execution and control.
- Ensure that common procedures and production tools for project execution are implemented.
- Establish the project organization and organize the project work.
- Execute and control the project within the given budget and resources.
- Follow-up work execution and facilitate successful completion of assigned tasks with project team members.
- Follow-up that units responsible for sub-contractors complete agreed tasks and that builder is in control of their sub-contractors.
- Evaluate effects of project changes (scope changes), including impact on deliverables, schedule and budget, and reach contractual agreement with customer on these changes.
- Monitor and control the project execution on a continuous basis and take the corrective actions needed to successfully complete the project.
- Manage the project risks by identifying and implementing additional quality and mitigating measures as applicable.
- Manage the stakeholders by giving appropriate understanding and attention to their needs, expectations and concerns.
- Report on project status and areas of concern to PR, KAM and others as required.
- Ensure verification of local approval jobs as required.
- Ensure project verification at defined milestones and of project deliverables.
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments, and documentation always
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of the organization
- Exhibit customer-oriented focus through promoting DNV on-board or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions
Do you have a passion for the maritime industry, especially focused on the sustainable future and continuous improvement of the safety in the shipping? Then we are looking for you to join us as Surveyor for Fleet in Service, based in Singapore. You will become a member of a highly qualified and enthusiastic FiS team, a top-tier Ship Classification hub. The team is constantly engaged with maritime industry customers, that include international fleet operators, oil majors, and wind turbine service companies. The fleet attended by our team includes wide variety from local fishing vessels to offshore units.
Due to the nature of our business and exposure to high-profile clients, the position requires a candidate who can apply and interpret DNV rules and international standards in a competent and common-sense manner whilst maintaining an adequate level of compliance and safety. The role will require a certain self-discipline and strong safety mindset to adapt to dynamically changing conditions and environment.
Candidate should have necessary technical background and experience to be able to commence work after the orientation and training period. Training timeframe will be agreed with the candidate. Once qualified the candidate will work autonomously at client assets and locations supported by local network of surveyors and DNV’s technical helpdesk. We have a network of various remote technical meetings established to support surveyors working on locations.
Main job responsibilities
- Embrace the DNV vision to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations
- Inspection and classification onboard of ships for compliance with DNV Rules for Classification, statutory requirements and Standards. This includes inspection of structures and equipment, witnessing testing, audit of procedures and review of documentation
- Strong commitment to environmental protection and energy efficiency
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner with due regard to own safety and safety of others
- Report all survey activities in DNV’s proprietary software and when required, in common Microsoft Office environment
- Liaison with ship and unit crew and management to facilitate the execution of the required survey scopes
- Maintain the confidentiality of customers’ business, processes, designs, developments, and documentation
- Responsibility for own competence and career development within the DNV competency framework and ensure that the appropriate competencies are gained and are kept up to date.
- Assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external feedback as appropriate
- Be a lighthouse for the costumers and colleagues, providing assertive advice and guidance in areas of expertise
- Manage own time to meet the demands of the survey workload
We are seeking a dynamic and result oriented Training administrator with high competence in implementation and use of software tools. The main responsibility for this role is to ensure that DNV Product Assurance has all required mandatory training courses available for our technical/clinical resources and that we are able to track the participation and the performance.
Key Tasks for the Training Administrator:
- Develop and maintain a software tool for training of resources within the medical services
- Ensure that all mandatory training courses are available in the tool for all internal and external resources
- Ensure the tracking of participation and performance of the training courses.
- Ensure that the candidates that has succesfully completed the training courses receive a certificate
- Ensure that the cooperation with DNV Local Units is effecient and work smooth
- Perform other task assigned by the line manager.
If you enjoy the diversity of an international team, a flat company hierarchy, and independent working in a global environment, this role may be for you!
DNV Energy Systems is growing its business in the Latin American wind market. Therefore, it seeks a person to represent and accomplish services in the rapidly growing wind and M&A market, with a strong focus on the Mexican and Caribbean markets.
DNV Energy Systems Renewables advises developers, owners, operators, and lenders of renewable energy projects, specifically onshore and offshore wind and electricity networks, to enhance our customers' projects, technology, and operations. Team members provide technical advice to customers throughout the energy value chain.
We are now recruiting a Wind Energy Consultant/Engineer with prior knowledge of renewable electricity generation, specifically onshore and offshore wind systems.
We are looking for a professional with technical understanding and knowledge ready to apply that knowledge in solving complex technical and commercial issues for our customers with DNV’s world-leading technical experts in multidisciplinary projects. You are highly committed to project deliveries and customer satisfaction. With an independent and proactive attitude, you demonstrate strong initiative, an analytical approach, and the ability to make efficient technical and commercial judgments. Others perceive you as a positive and motivating team player with a flexible attitude and eagerness to grow.
The role is permanent and based in our Querétaro office, with expectations to work from the DNV office in Mexico City in the future. The successful applicant will primarily focus on the Mexican and Caribbean wind markets but will work closely in collaboration with our Latin American team and colleagues around the globe to provide energy consulting services. Dependent on your background and interests, your tasks will not only be limited to onshore wind energy but could involve other renewables such as offshore wind, floating wind, solar, hydrogen, storage, and integrated energy systems.
The responsibilities will be aligned with the applicant’s prior experience and work preferences.
What You’ll Do
- Provide our customers with technical advice related to the planning and development of wind farm concepts and projects
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors and support customers through the financial closings of projects and the construction phase (technical due diligence services)
- Review construction contracts, supply contracts, contracting strategies, and project procurement plans
- Perform market studies, legislation and regulation reviews and assessments, cost studies, and technical assessments
- Customer contact and project management, including managing complex, technical projects from inception through to completion
- Follow market trends, discuss service offerings with customers, win new commercial or research projects
- Support or attend conference participation to represent services and capabilities to customers and stakeholders of the industry sector
- Support a dedicated business development team with market access, domain knowledge, and customer contacts in the acquisition as well as after-sales process
To further strengthen our global Cyber Security community, we are looking for an ambitious and talented Cyber Security Specialist to be a part of a global team protecting our assets.
You will work in close interaction with our global IT organization and business stakeholders. DNV is operating a hybrid model with our Private cloud, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
We expect a member of our Cyber Security team to have a good understanding of security threats, risks and vulnerabilities, security standards and frameworks.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Be a bridge between our Security Operation Center and the Cyber Security team to reduce and mitigate security incidents.
- Be the “Trusted Advisor” on best practices to protect infrastructure and information.
- Carry out threat and risk assessments and develop security architecture to mitigate threats.
- Work closely with other security and operational teams to help create company-wide security policies and guidelines.
- Work with 3rd parties to perform security assessments and audits.
- Participate in regular auditing to identify security risks and incidents.
- Identify and deliver service improvements.
- Drive security awareness in the organization.
The candidate will have a unique opportunity to play a key role in shaping DNV’s digital ecosystem and our capabilities within the cyber security domain.
Maritime Marketing and Communications supports Maritime at DNV, the world's leading classification society, in driving the industry transition towards a digital, efficient and eco-friendly future; through broadening our reputation as a thought leader and accelerating revenue generation. The global Maritime Marketing and Communications network comprises over 25 committed and high-performing international communications and marketing experts in 7 countries.
The Digital Marketing team takes ownership of all DNV Maritime’s digital marketing channels and leads the planning, alignment, implementation and execution of digital marketing campaigns. In addition, the team has a clear objective to aim their marketing efforts at valuable digital lead and revenue generation in a digital commerce approach.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and digital savvy student assistant to support the implementation of various external Marketing programs. The position will be based in Hamburg, Germany and will report to the Head of Digital Communications and Sales Enablement.
- Assist in implementing a Digital Marketing strategy to support Business Area goals including content production and digital marketing operations
- Support the organization regarding external cross-channel campaigns
- Independently take ownership over Marketing campaigns and concepts
- Support the team with ad hoc requests and out-of-the-box ideas
The IATF Auditor/Sector Manager is a technical-commercial role responsible for achieving growth through innovation, strategizing, leading the delivery of projects, ensuring service excellence for clients and playing an important role in development of others within the team. You help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment to international standards. You will get the opportunity to manage, maintain of IATF scheme and develop automotive sector for certification and training services.
You will be expected to support the delivery for a range of services and may have specialism and expertise in several of them, including:
- Perform 3rd party onsite IATF and ISO audits / training in line with DNV Philosophy for Singapore, Malaysia and other countries in Southeast Asia region.
- Interact directly with customers at all levels of management in developing timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system.
- Document and report audit activities and results and resolve the Technical Review (TR) issues if any so that the lead time to customer is optimised.
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure.
- Maintains appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed.
- Generate leads & opportunities across services, pass on to sales and support Sales Team for presales if required.
- Support Operations Planning & Scheduling by timely communication on dates for delivery of various services.
- Support efficiency projects such as Travel, Audits / Trainings and Non-refundable activities.
- Prioritise Key Customers and be the Customer Manager for assigned projects and represent DNV professionally for delivery.
- Ensure Customer rapport and resolve any customer complaints.
- Responsible to manage, maintain and develop resource for IATF scheme and ensure compliance status for SEA region.
- Responsible for business growth of automotive scheme for SEA region.
- Responsible for helping organizations obtain better brand recognition among automotive sector.
Part of the Sales team of Business Assurance SEA (certification and training), the Country Business Developer will report to the Area Manager, Southeast Asia.
- Responsible for driving the sales, developing the business relationships, establishing and maintaining both sales and business development strategies to meet sales targets and implement the marketing initiatives.
- In a proactive mode, approach targeted companies, identify and generate business opportunities in line with DNV services portfolio.
- Develop a local network of partners (consultants, channels).
- In respect of DNV’s rules, prepare, submit and defend added-value proposals.
- Follow-up, negotiate and conclude business contracts to achieve individual targets.
- Sustain existing customers’ loyalty, deal with sales requests in coordination with other DNV departments.
- Take part in local communication actions (events, tradeshows, conferences, exhibitions, etc).
- In relation with the area to cover, the expectation is that the incumbent shall be ready to travel in her/his dedicated geography (~50% of the overall time to be considered on the field).
- Responsibility for achieving his/her own KPI-targets
- Efficiently and competently implement ISO13485 &MDD&MDR auditing and assessment work for clients based on the CE Directives, International standards, other applicable Regulatory Systems and DNV's accredited certification program
- Ensure work execution with absolute independence and integrity at all times
Contribute to the ongoing improvement of operational efficiency and effectiveness by means of the identification and pursuit with regards to audit processes and handling of information within the team and unit, facilitating the rendering of service also to other functions within the organization as required
- Organize and deliver projects, i.e. assessment, gap analysis, training and customer workshops, etc.
- Maintain assessor/auditor registration with DNV and other relevant authorities to work as a Lead Auditor at DNV
- Other issues as assigned by the line Manager
- Responsible for managing Information security issues under Automotive Industry Specific Schemes. E.g. TISAX and other newly developed scheme
- Execute products development, technical development and competence establishment of delivery team (including assessor and trainer)
- Support market development including marketing activities & branding, customer communication and sales activities
- Support management to establish sales targets and its achievement
- Conduct audits assigned by DNV planning team. The MSC audits may include the TISAX assessment, ISO 27001 audit, and any other MSC audits that the employee is qualified