Our department, Energy Markets and Strategy,works for a broad range of energy sector customers. Our consultants and engineers deliver specialized and impartial advisory servicesto clients in Northern-Europeand globally. We are passionate about helping green energy technologies to develop safely and cost-effectively and deliver significant emissions reduction in practice.
Hydrogen is expected to play a significant role in decarbonizing the world’s energy supply to mitigate climate change.DNV carries out an extensive range of hydrogen projects, including advising governments, infrastructure owners and major hydrogen developers on technology, economic, environmental and policy issues. We help our customers to navigate the complex issues involved in selecting and deploying hydrogen technologies.
The‘consultant hydrogen value chain and technologies’ will be part of a team of specialists focused on decarbonized gas in the energy transition. The team delivers a broad suite of services that offer ways to streamline and de-risk the development and implementation of new technologies and processes to support the complete hydrogen value chain – from production of both green and blue hydrogen, transportation, and storage, to its uses in various applications.
The team is part of a global DNV network of specialists in the hydrogen value chain and broader decarbonisation strategies for industry, transport and homes. It is an exciting time to join – the demand for our hydrogen services is growing rapidly as countries in Europe and beyond look to deliver their climate commitments, and you will have access to some of the world’s leading experts in this field.
The tasks include:
- Develop and deliver technical solutions and services to customer challenges regarding the hydrogen value chain. This will include:
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Technical Due Diligence studies
- Technology and design qualification (e.g. system integration with renewables or asset conversion and compatibility with hydrogen)
- Lead and support the production of technical reports for customers, where possible identifying further business opportunities for DNV.
- Playing a (lead) role in targeted business development efforts through proposal development and fostering positive relationships with existing and new clients.
- Managing portfolio of clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables.
- Actively contribute to service delivery as specialist and / or project manager.
- Manage and work on multiple projects to the satisfaction of the Manager/Project Sponsor (i.e. within the required timeframe, cost and quality standards).
This position will be based in Groningen and / or in Arnhem (the Netherlands).
Our Safety and Risk Management Advisory Team in Benelux is assisting clients in hazard identification and risk assessment studies, from qualitative studies (HAZOP, HAZID, ...) to consequence modelling and full detailed quantitative risk assessments. Setting up and improving the safety management system of our clients is part of the work as well as analyzing incidents towards the root causes in the management system. We support our industrial customers to create safer and greener facilities.
If you wish to contribute to making a safer energy transition, do not hesitate to apply!
Job content includes, but is not limited to:
- Participate and lead different types of projects for mid and downstream industrial client, mainly involving qualitative and quantitative risk assessment tasks
- Depending on your profile, contribute or lead tender processes and proposal preparation for risk management services
- Building a network within DNV, both on the national level, with the target to perform cross learnings throughout units, and on an international level, to cross work with specialists.
The energy industry is now among the top three industries reporting cyber-attacks and whilst energy companies have been tackling IT security for several decades, a more recent growing, and increasingly urgent challenge, is now securing operational technology (OT).
As OT becomes more networked and connected to IT systems, attackers can more easily access control systems operating critical infrastructure, disrupting energy supply in a power grid, shutting down wind farms, or disabling safety systems in pipelines, refineries or oil and gas platforms.
Here at DNV, we are working to help industry accelerate the cyber safety engineering of energy industry infrastructure, in the UK and beyond. Our growing team works with a range of stakeholders across the energy value chain to provide independent technical and market advice to make informed decisions. We work with investors, OEMs, operators, electricity and gas networks, renewable energy industries, governments and transportation sectors, on a range of challenging and fast paced projects.
We are looking for Industrial Cyber Security Consultants to join this effort and make a real impact in improving cyber security and operational technology. You will be responsible for technical delivery and project management, utilising your expertise in cyber safety and operational technology to provide technical and market advice to clients. In this exciting and varied role, you’ll also be involved in business development activities, including sourcing opportunities, identifying key partners, competitive bidding, client and partner relationship management and participation in promotional events.
- Technical reporting and analysis covering a wide variety of industries. These will include geographically spread assets, industrial networks, electrification infrastructure etc.
- Identifying and nurturing customer relationships, discovering needs, and quantifying how DNV can add value.
- Conducting and managing technical and commercial due diligence in cyber security.
- Monitoring market developments and shaping company business development activities to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Leading and providing written content and technical analysis for the preparation of reports, as well as contributing to the development of proposals for new work.
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals in response to formal invitations to tender received from a wide range of clients, including corporates, trade associations, local authorities, European Commission and UK government departments.
Area SEA, Taiwan, Korea and Japan department is part of DNV's Energy Systems APAC Region operations and holds an important and strategic position for us in the marketplace, both locally and globally. We hold a diverse portfolio of customers in Malaysia and other countries in the Region, delivering services on Market & Risk (M&R) within the onshore and offshore oil, gas process, renewables, wind industries.
The Senior Risk Advisory Consultant will hold as main responsibilities, which are not limited to:
- Onshore/Offshore safety & risk engineering, specifically with strong knowledge of QRA methodologies and tools, Safety case and QRA (onshore/offshore).
- Workshop Facilitation (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, FMECA, etc.).
- Acting as the primary point of contact and providing expert discipline knowledge to clients, both in Singapore and in the Region around M&R offerings.
- Working with the DNV team/BD roles to lead sales activities and the development of proposals in accordance with client's business objectives.
- Growing a technical team within Singapore to deliver M&R projects through upskilling of current staff, mentoring of junior consultants.
- Acting as the technical lead (QA/QC) in projects and managing projects, where relevant.
- Networking within the industry; identify and help to secure new client relationships and project opportunities.
- Networking within the DNV organization to utilize the global skill’s pool for the growth of the Region.
- Working with the local DNV software team to maximise the development of client opportunities with regard RMA advisory services and suite of software.
- Secure projects to enhance DNV’s competence and recognition in the industry.
Area Korea department is part of DNV's Energy Systems APAC Region operations and holds an important and strategic position for us in the marketplace. We hold a diverse portfolio of customers in Korea delivering services on Market & Risk (MR) within the various of industries including oil & gas process and hydrogen.
We are seeking a dynamic Consultant/Engineer join our MR team in Korea. In this role, you will work closely with experts from around the world to give our customers a better solution for their business strategy and to improve their safety and prevent any serious accident. You will be expected to balance multiple projects within expectations and ensure quality of deliverables. You may also be required to travel to other DNV office and client locations globally to work with various project teams.
You will also be engaged in the business development process where you will be involved in the preparation of competitive tenders and bid for projects globally.
Some of the technical assessments you will be involved in:
- Feasibility Assessment on Hydrogen, Ammonia, CO2 process.
- Technical Due Diligence on Hydrogen, Ammonia, CO2 process.
- Readiness Assessment on Hydrogen, Ammonia, CO2 facilities, pipelines.
- Hazard Identification (HAZID) analysis.
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) analysis.
- Networking within the DNV organization to utilize the global skill’s pool for the growth of the Region.
If you have the ambition to grow together with a flexible and dynamic team of people that truly believe hydrogen and low-carbon fuels are an important energy carrier/storage medium to support the energy transition, then DNV has a spot for you. Our Hydrogen talent is passionate about creating a safer and more sustainable world.
DNV – Energy Systems seeks a Senior Consultant – Electrolyzer to join our Low Carbon Fuels team. In this role, you will act as a subject matter expert on water electrolysis technologies to analyze how to integrate complex processes, provide competitive analysis and inputs, communicate options for trade-offs based on energy and mass balances, make an impact on supply chain and scaling risks, and support customers through all their current and future hydrogen needs. You will work closely on commercial opportunities to strengthen and expand the business while adapting the service offerings to respond to our customers' greatest needs. In addition, you will partner with principal consultants, key account managers, and regional segment managers in delivering an excellent customer experience while stimulating collaboration within the department and across the organization.
This position will preferably be based out of our Seattle office. Remote work will also be considered from anywhere in the continental U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Engage in hydrogen projects where you will challenge concepts and ideas for green hydrogen production
- Lead technical due diligence on electrolyzer technologies at cell, stack, and system level
- Leverage experience in manufacturing assessment and scalability of electrolyzer systems
- Leverage a deep understanding of the different types of electrolysis (AEM, PEM, and SOECs) to predict and deliver scenarios for cost predictions to support the customer’s strategic decision-making process
- Leverage a deep understanding of low-carbon fuel technologies and process modeling to predict and deliver scenarios that provide support to the customer’s strategic decision-making process
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, and developing innovative process models that help integrate new processes (renewable processes) with conventional processes (industrial chemicals, metals, oil, and gas)
- Develop, lead, and coordinate methodologies for mass and energy balance to assess the technical and economic impacts on end-use application
- Work closely with external customers, collaborators, academia, and US government institutions
- Lead literature review following industry technical growth and innovations, especially with respect to end-use cases
- Work closely with other business divisions, product management, and finance to drive positive outcomes with measurable impact on the business
- Support bid and project competence
DNV Maritime Advisory support customers in the maritime industry globally in their efforts to make the right decisions to achieve profitable and sustainable results. We have the capabilities, experience and track record to deliver high-value solutions, mobilizing the full potential of customers’ assets and operations. We have consultants close to our clients with local units in China, Dubai, Germany, Greece, Norway, Poland, Singapore, Sweden and USA.
DNV Maritime Advisory has now an open position for a Senior Consultant Engineer in our R&D and Advisory unit in Piraeus, Greece. The unit is responsible for providing technical advisory services within the field of ship machinery systems, gas carriers and gas as cargo, decarbonization regulatory support, novel technologies and alternative fuels. The team is involved in various R&D, ship concept design and advisory projects working closely with major international ship owners, yards and manufacturers. We are recognized for service delivery of ship energy system simulations, further known as Complex Ship Systems Modelling and Simulation (COSSMOS). It is a prerequisite that the successful candidate will contribute and be integrated into that effort. Overall, the team aims at fusing forefront research methods and computer modelling techniques to optimize ship systems for improved performance, safety, fuel savings, emissions reductions and cost-effectiveness.
Your main tasks and commitments will include the following:
- Analyse and develop solutions for ship machinery systems performance and emissions assessment and improvement.
- Work on areas involving decarbonisation regulations, technologies assessment and alternative fuels for ships.
- Identify business development opportunities, prepare proposals and interact with customers to attract new leads.
- Work internationally, but act locally supporting customers in the region, interacting with DNV's global network of experts.
- Write technical reports and develop presentations as part of our service delivery and sales efforts.
- Work with digital tools and programming languages to analyse data and enhance our digital services portfolio.
- Interact with our customer base, understand challenges, and cooperate closely with them on our projects.
- Develop professional network of business interest for DNV world wide and in the region of East Mediterranean to build and share competence.
- Work in areas related to modelling and simulation of ship machinery systems and operations.
We seek ambitious and driven Cyber Security Consultants to join our growing Industrial Systems cyber security section. Our team provides cyber security assessments, technical verification and advisory services both onshore and offshore. You will be working on exciting customer projects in key industries including maritime, oil and gas, renewables, utilities and others.
This role will offer you the opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced specialists in the industrial cyber security field. We aim to provide you with a fast-paced career that brings you opportunities to develop your competencies rapidly. We will invest in your career development, offering in-depth training and the chance to participate in industry-leading courses and projects.
You will be based at one of DNV’s premises in Norway, preferably Høvik or Trondheim, but other locations can be considered for the right candidate.
We look forward to having you on the team!
Visit our website to get to know more about us!
DNV has significant ambitions to rapidly grow the Cyber Security unit in the coming years, building on our strengths in the Nordics and internationally to make a global impact on safeguarding life, property and the environment also in the Cyber domain.
We seek ambitious and driven Cyber Security Consultants to join our growing Technical Architecture and Verification team. Our team conducts penetration tests, cyber security assessments, red team operations, and also serves as a trusted advisor in technical remediation projects. We are also engaged in network and security architecture related projects, both design and assessment, and hence are looking for candidates with a networking background in ICS as well.
You will be working on exciting customer projects in several key industries such as maritime, oil and gas, renewables, utilities and others. This role will offer you the opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced specialists in the cyber security field. We aim to provide you with a fast-paced career that brings you opportunities to develop your competencies rapidly. We will invest in your career development, offering in-depth training and the chance to participate in industry-leading projects.
You will be based at one of DNV’s premises in Norway, preferably Høvik or Trondheim, but other locations can be considered for the right candidate.
We look forward to having you on the team!
Visit our website to get to know more about us!
- Project Manager, Project Director, Project Sponsor or Quality Assurance for large-scale (GWs) complex solar / renewables projects
- Complex stakeholder management
- Lead DNV projects where DNV is Technical Advisor for IPP procurement exercises. This includes feasibility study, concept report, Request for Qualification, Request for Proposal preparation, IPP bids evaluation, PPA negotiations and support to Financial Close. Also coordinate with Finance and Legal teams for tendering solar power procurement.
- Develop and win proposals for scopes of services related to technical advisory, owners engineering and due diligence work.
- Review and/or negotiate EPC contracts, O&M contracts and PPA
- Prioritize QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment.
- Integrate when required all renewables disciplines related to solar, wind, storage, and green hydrogen
- Initiate and coordinating technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc).
- Review due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Coordinate input from technical specialists and review due diligence reports.
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Support customers through the financial closings of projects.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the team, including leading tool development, process refinement and lessons learned activities.
- Hold Customer / Key Account Manager role for local or global customer
We are currently seeking to employ a qualified candidate with a relevant profile for the position of Senior Management System Consultant in DNV Indonesia, to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The successful candidate will join us and will gain exposure to the energy and other industries, including national and international organizations. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your career by working with an experienced team involved in exciting multi-disciplinary advisory projects.
The selected candidate will typically work in a cross-functional team involved in management system advisory projects, supporting customers locally with exposure opportunities to a large variety of projects, and working with teams from different geographic locations for personal and professional career development.
We are interested in people with the interest, ability, mindset orientation, and relevant experience to deliver management system advisory services in the area of management systems development and improvement, including and involving the integration of asset integrity, technical risk, technical safety, safety engineering, and process safety aspects as part of an overall management system.
Typical projects include supporting the execution of the following activities:
- Management system assessments / audits / gap analyses.
- Preparing / designing and conducting training.
- Consulting and facilitation.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Making presentations and liaising with customer senior, middle, and supervisory leadership.
The selected candidate will also work with DNV teams to assist in business development and sales activities, including development and preparation of proposals and tenders.
Maritime Advisory Singapore is a consulting and Research & Innovation unit overseeing activities in the South East Asia, Pacific and India region. DNV’s ambition is to be a data-smart solutions organisation providing management and technical advisory services within the maritime industry. Our key stakeholders include charterers and cargo owners, asset owners for ships and mobile offshore units, maritime authorities/governmental entities and defence, shipyards, banks/investment/leasing companies with interest in maritime assets and infrastructure, energy suppliers and traders, and maritime technology providers and the digital eco-system/start-ups. We are currently focusing our consulting and research activities in Singapore within the areas of maritime decarbonisation, digitalisation and ESG/Sustainability.
The Senior/Principal Consultant will work on advisory projects within the areas of the energy transition, shipping advisory, risk and safety, and due diligence-related activities. The candidate will be ideally well-versed in conducting market and feasibility studies, and strategic advisory projects for maritime clients including cargo owners/charterers, energy majors, ship owners, governmental entities and regulators.
As a Senior/Principal Consultant, you will be part of an experienced and diverse team conducting consulting projects, or delivering customized solutions to our clients in Singapore and within the region, covering all elements of analysis and capability improvement projects leveraging on Data Analytics. The selected individual can expect to work in a dynamic, high-performing team with diverse backgrounds, nationalities and experience, leveraging on DNV global network, accelerated learning curve and working on exciting projects with meaningful impact on the client’s organisation and wider maritime industry.
Risk Management unit Brazil is seeking a talented Senior Consultant with a proven ability to tackle complex technical challenges, to join a fast-paced technical safety consultancy at the cutting edge of risk analysis techniques. This a great opportunity to be part of a motivated team that is a trusted voice to tackle global transformations and challenges, helping our customers in achieving the safety of their assets and operations.
The Risk Management team in Brazil provide a wide range of advisory safety engineering and risk management services to the energy industry, for CAPEX and OPEX projects, in Brazil and globally. The Safety Risk Senior Consultant is expected to liaise with and support several customers and stakeholders in the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments, including regulatory agencies.
The Safety Risk Senior Consultant reports to a Team Lead and has responsibility for project management and technical delivery of projects under the guidance of more senior members of the team and have technical leadership of more junior consultants. The role includes customer interaction to discuss project schedule/ delivery, technical issues and solutions.
Are you interested in supporting companies to build trust and transparency around their ESG and non-financial reporting?
As part of a team of ESG and sustainability professionals and world-class experts, we help customers integrate sustainability into their core business and financial strategy, enterprise risk management, operations, and supply chains, acting as a trusted third party delivering a full suite of assurance and advisory services.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Consultant with proven experience in delivering assurance over non-financial reporting products, including ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance)/sustainability KPIs, operational and performance metrics and other regulatory disclosures.
Although your focus will be assurance, you will also get the opportunity to lead projects in our other service lines,
- Sustainable finance advisory
- Climate change/risk consulting
- Sustainability strategy
- Supply chain
Together with our team of experts you will be providing our customers in the energy sector with the following types of consultancy services in grid operations and working with and contributing to the DNV NextGen GridOps Knowledge framework:
- Roadmap studies & Strategies
- Proof of concepts & Requirement Specifications
- Data exchanges, management and modelling,
- Proof of concepts, pilot and prototype development
- Supplier selection and Tendering support
- Project & Testing Management & Support
- QA reviews
- Providing Training and workshop facilitation
Risk Management Middle East, Africa and Southern Europe (MEA & SE) delivers services within Risk Management, Asset and Climate risks. Risk Management MEA & SE unit collaborates with other similar units in region SEMELA (Southern Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America) together forming a big resource pool of approximately 120 colleagues in the Service Area Markets, Risk Management and Power Grid.
The role of the intern sits within Asset & Climate risks team and will be based in DNV's Milan office, located in Vimercate – MB.
Here at DNV, what we do matters. Whether it’s helping the Energy Industry transition to a more decarbonised and sustainable future or helping safeguard life, property and the environment, every day, what you do will make a difference. This is our shared purpose and one our people are proud to be part of.
Our highly respected Risk Advisory department in the UK and Ireland, is primarily responsible for the delivery of consultancy-based safety, integrity and risk management services. We provide high quality advisory services to the onshore and offshore oil and gas sector (upstream, midstream and downstream) and, increasingly, provide similar services to the evolving hydrogen and renewables sectors.
Within this, our specialist integrity teams deliver a range of critical consultancy services such as failure investigation, fitness for service assessment, stress analysis, life extension, risk-based inspection, asset health assessment, and vibration assessment and risk management, to operators in support of their ongoing operations.
We are also leading our industry in advising clients how to repurpose their existing assets for the transportation of hydrogen or carbon dioxide to support the energy transition and deliver the innovative solutions that our industry and planet needs. This multi-disciplinary approach, with materials and integrity engineers working alongside our other discipline experts drawn from safety, flow assurance and rotating equipment, is what makes what we do unique.
As a Principal Pipeline Integrity Consultant within our specialist Pipeline Integrity and Fitness For Service Team, you will support clients across the onshore and offshore energy sectors through provision of advisory services to manage the mechanical integrity of production, transmission, and distribution assets throughout the asset life cycle.
You will be responsible for project delivery across the full life cycle, from proposal preparation, methodology development, analysis and reporting, through to recommendation and development of solutions. Your expertise will be invaluable in helping shape our team's approach to creating innovative solutions for our clients, defining our future strategy, and enhancing our capabilities to identify opportunities for wider integration of our services.
In this varied role you will also collaborate with our business development team, contributing to winning new business with existing and potential clients, developing proposals, bidding for contracts, attending client meetings and building relationships with key stakeholders.
Additionally, you will have a mentoring role to oversee and support the activities of our less experienced engineers and there will also be opportunities for working across other teams within the wider DNV group on a range of energy asset technology projects.
Key services delivered by the team include:
- Consultancy associated with pipeline design, construction, operations or maintenance
- Pipeline inspection and integrity assessment
- Pipeline life extension, uprating or repurposing
- Pipe stress analysis and/or finite element analysis to support design or fitness for service assessments
Here at DNV we encourage hybrid working, allowing you to divide your time between being based from either our Loughborough or Edinburgh offices and working remotely. The nature of this role will also require travel across the UK and occasionally overseas to attend client meetings and conferences etc.
DNV's Energy Markets and Strategy (EMS) team in Germany is seeking an experienced consultant to strengthen our capabilities in energy markets in the DACH countries.
The EMS team provides strategic, regulatory, economic, and policy advisory services related to energy markets. We support our customers with new and sustainable business models and strategies.
This role puts you at the forefront of the global energy transition. You will collaborate on innovative, early-phase projects, delivering industry-defining results to our customers. You will develop your skills and support us in enhancing our reputation for quality, innovation, and integrity. You will perform with a high degree of individual responsibility in a role you can actively shape.
You have a deep understanding of the design, analysis, and assessment of energy markets, as well as the assessment and valuation of energy infrastructure investments and business models. You are comfortable leading and selling projects to existing and new clients.
Your tasks in this role will include the following:
- Providing strategic and analytical advice for our clients on (future) energy systems, energy infrastructures, energy markets, emerging energy technologies and business models.
- Leading consulting projects for clients, from proposal preparation to project delivery.
- Being an expert point of contact for our customers in the DACH countries on wholesale energy markets, system services, balancing markets, demand side flexibility, and commercial due diligence.
- Driving the continuous development and expansion of our services, including identifying market opportunities, acquiring new projects and writing winning proposals.
By joining our team, you will receive:
- Attractive total compensation package, including profit share and an employer-supported pension.
- Individual training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours, combination of office and home office work and a focus on work/life balance.
Our diverse team includes experienced experts and young enthusiastic talents. We value teamwork and an open, respectful, and cooperative way of working. By joining us, you will form part of a local team in a global company of almost 12,000 employees.
The team located in Bonn (Germany) is providing economic and commercial advice on the energy sector to clients in the DACH countries and internationally. We focus on the energy transition and the impact of the switch to renewable energy resources. Rapid changes create uncertainty and risk from a market perspective, and we take an active role in helping our clients manage that risk through in-depth knowledge of power, gas and the broader energy markets. Our portfolio of services includes policy and market analysis, economic regulation and energy market design, market and system integration of renewable energies, economic and financial assessment of investments, assets and business models, commercial and regulatory due diligence, market modelling and power price forecasting. Our clients are financial institutions, utilities, network operators, project developers and various energy and climate focused government entities.
International collaboration is fundamental to how we operate. The German Energy Markets and Strategy (EMS) team is part of the EMS department in the region Northern Europe, which consists of 90 consultants working from offices in the Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Sweden and Denmark. Cooperation across the department is strong and we also work with similar teams of DNV in other European countries, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas. We furthermore work closely with the many technology-focused teams within DNV, specialised on topics such as power grids, wind, solar, energy storage, e-mobility, district heating, gas networks, hydrogen, carbon capture, or decarbonization and fuel switching in heavy industry.
Hydrogen is expected to play a significant role in decarbonising the world’s energy supply to mitigate climate change. DNV carries out an extensive range of hydrogen projects, including advising governments, infrastructure owners and major hydrogen developers on technology, economic, environmental and policy issues. We help our customers to navigate the complex issues involved in selecting and deploying hydrogen technologies.
Our hydrogen team works for a broad range of energy sector customers that are at the heart of the energy transition. Our consultants and engineers deliver specialised and impartial advisory services to clients in throughout the region and across the world. We are passionate about helping low carbon energy technologies develop safely and cost-effectively and deliver significant emissions reduction in practice.
As a ‘hydrogen consultant’ you will be part of a team of specialists focused on decarbonised gas in the energy transition. The team is part of a global DNV network of specialists in the hydrogen value chain also delivering broader decarbonisation strategies for industry, transport and homes. It is an exciting time to join – the demand for our hydrogen services is growing rapidly as countries look to deliver their climate commitments, and you will become part of a team of some of the world’s leading experts in this field.
You will support the Hydrogen Technical Director on projects alongside multi-disciplinary teams to provide a coordinated approach to solving customer problems. These projects may include work scopes such as:
- Feasibility studies for implementation of hydrogen as part of an end to end decarbonisation option.
- Techno-commercial evaluation.
- Technical due diligence.
- Technical Advisory related to gas network conversion, pipeline repurposing, safety, risk and related services.
- Value chain optimisation from production through to end use and support to roadmap development based on market assessments.
- Material testing and qualification advisory services.
Successful delivery of these projects will require you to:
- Be a point of contact for customer communication and lead or support teams in the delivery of DNV projects.
- Manage and control quality, cost, and schedule of DNV’s work packages to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Understand risks and provide mitigation measures associated with H2 related projects at various phases.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge and an ability and willingness to work outside your comfort zone to develop class-leading insights for diverse clients.
You may be required to support other projects led by other technical teams in APAC with your technical expertise and project management capability.
This will require you to:
- Lead projects as project manager or work as part of project delivery team.
- Contribute to technical reports in and related to your field of expertise clearly communicating findings while exercising sound engineering judgement.
- Develop rapidly and interact effectively with related disciplines locally and globally.
- Manage cross-discipline project teams to meet contractual requirements.
- Travel within APAC for customer engagement and project delivery.
Assist with business development activities including:
- Establish, develop and maintain customer relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business.
- Understand client needs and promote services that would best suit their requirements in markets where they are operating.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-recognised.
- Develop, write and manage/facilitate terms of reference and/or proposals.
- Act as an effective liaison between customer and DNV, as well as an ambassador for DNV's business solutions and capabilities.
Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consulting firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Would you like to influence the solar industry and have the opportunity to grow and thrive as a thought leader?
Then an engineering position in our Solar Independent Engineering and Technology Team may be a great fit for you!
DNV – Energy System’s Renewables and Power Grids group is seeking a Photovoltaic (PV) Module Engineer/Expert - Solar Technology to join our Solar Independent Engineering and Technology team. DNV is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and our respected staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. DNV’s Solar IE and Technology team holds a substantial market position in North America as a leading provider of independent engineering services to support the financing and construction of solar energy projects, support manufacturers in ‘bankability’ studies, and stakeholders in root cause analysis evaluation. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and due diligence on behalf of project developers, equipment manufacturers, and financiers who rely on our reports in making investment and risk assessment decisions. This solar technology team also takes a leading role in conference participation, participation in codes/standards committees, and in establishing internal and industry guidance on assessing technology risk for our teams in North America and globally. This is a high-performing, innovative team that strives for equity, respect, and diversity.
As a member of the Solar Technology team, the successful candidate will be a thought leader at DNV in the field of photovoltaic (PV) module technology, testing and operations, and will provide technical advisory and other consulting services associated with PV modules used in solar projects. The work will include technical due diligence of solar PV modules for use in pre-construction, construction and operational projects on behalf of lenders and investors. This position will also provide technical support and advisory services to project developers and product manufacturers, including bankability studies, failure analyses, and support for RFPs and technical specifications. The role will include working with product manufacturers to opine on product design and expected reliability and managing relationships with applicable manufacturers and other stakeholders.
Performing technical reviews will require candidates who can assess detailed aspects of PV module design including cell processing methods, cell interconnection approaches, encapsulants, and environmental protection. Candidates should possess a solid fundamental understanding of the manufacturing processes for both crystalline and thin-film products. The technical review will include evaluation with respect to relevant codes and standards, so the candidate should be familiar with UL 1703, IEC 61730, IEC 61646, IEC 61215 and the National Electrical Code (NEC). The successful candidate should be familiar with the major suppliers of PV modules and with the primary technical differences between products and market segments.
This position may be based in any of our Energy System’s Renewables DNV North American offices including San Diego, CA; Oakland, CA; Portland, OR; Austin, TX; Houston, TX, ; Seattle, WA; or Medford, MA.
What You’ll Do:
- Employ strong English-language written and verbal communications skills to provide technical advice to customers including commenting on design, reliability, manufacture, installation, and testing of PV modules, to include:
- Assessment of manufacturing methods (e.g. thin-film deposition, laser scribing, encapsulation)
- Review of manufacturing facilities for compliance with quality/safety procedures and practices
- Review manufacture and installation documentation for solar PV modules
- Review engineering documentation relating to:
- Cell design, processing and manufacturing
- Cell interconnection
- Encapsulation, framing and front/back glass/polymer
- Performance test reports
- Product compliance testing
- Thermal (infra-red) imaging evaluation
- Electroluminescence (EL) imaging evaluation
- Accelerated testing reports
- FMEA and related reliability documentation
- Operation and maintenance documents
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of the solar PV modules
- Review and opine on module applicability related to extreme weather, including but not limited to hail, hurricanes, seismic, etc
- Review module/racking compatibility approval letters, test reports, and/or test procedures
- Review and opine on repowering strategies for fully operations projects
- Recommendations for product improvements and/or suggestions for how to mitigate risk
- Travel to engineering/manufacturing facilities to review product design and manufacture, and to field sites to review installation, operation, and maintenance
- Relate the results of PV module technical reviews to broader technical due diligence scopes by making recommendations regarding commercial and technical risk mitigation and financial model assumptions for investors, lenders, developers, and owners in a relatable manner
- Manage stakeholder relationships to develop new business opportunities and promote complementary services from other parts of DNV, including preparing scopes of work for technical services
- Work as a supportive team member in a collaborative environment, as well as on self-directed independent projects